Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Question alternative inks for riso duplicator.

Hi, i wonder how it works if I use alternative inks(ex, offset inks, screen printing inks..)in riso.
    I want more diverse color ink.
    riso company can make custom color, but it is expensive and i have to order more than 10 tubes at once )*;
    does anybody know about this?

poppops37

Re: alternative inks for riso duplicator.

I would not recommend using alternative inks in your machine. Depending on the age of the machine, you may find a dealer or a place that buys used machines, to sell you a used drum. The newer the machine the cost of the drum goes up.
    Offset inks are too thick and use a oil base in them. Screen print inks are probably the same consistently but I would be afraid to use them. It really depends from color to what color are you trying to use. If you want to go from a black ink to a gold or yellow ink, you can buy that ink and use it in your present drum. Just remember you will need to run at least 500 sheets to do that plus cleaning off the outside of the drum.
    I had a Riso 3750, and went from Gold to blue, it took about 500-750 sheets of paper.

You can also try Ebay for used drums.

Hope this helps.
    PS I noticed, looking at some threads people never get answers. I posted something just to see what happens.

blackink

Re: alternative inks for riso duplicator.

Quote Originally Posted by popurri View Post
    Hi, i wonder how it works if I use alternative inks(ex, offset inks, screen printing inks..)in riso.
    I want more diverse color ink.
    riso company can make custom color, but it is expensive and i have to order more than 10 tubes at once )*;
    does anybody know about this?

Dear,

Our Riso ink is equivalent to the original one. Our Riso ink is produced by our ink manufacturer in Japan. You will be %100 satisfied with our Riso ink quality and moreover you will lower your costs. Our Riso ink is also compatible to Riso Comcolor series printers. It is very easy to fill our Riso HC ink into original cartridge tanks and replace the chip. We are already selling our Riso ink to many countries in the world and to all over Turkey for more than 1 year.

If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
    mutlu@blackink.com.tr

Waiting for your kind reply.