Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Unhappy Risograph GR3770 no image at all

Dear friends,
    My GR3770 was without RIP and was working fine.
    Now, I bought a SC7700 RIP and connected it to my Riso via the extention board on the main PCB and the special printer cable.
    Everething was working fine, but the only thing ..... no image at all on paper nor master.
    I unconnected the extention board and tried to make a copy via the glass plate. No image.
    After that I made a copy of one of the inside test images (f. e. code 119). What do you think? Right, no image. Not on paper nor master.
    All others are working fine. What I did more. Exchange Main PCB and Image PCB out of an GR3770 which did not power up. What do you think? Right, again no image at all.
    I checked all connectors (also of the TPH), breakers on the powerboard, etc.
    But now I am a little bit at the end of my creative thoughts. May be you have an other one? I should be very glad if so. Thanks!!

General Troublemaker 250+ Posts ddude's Avatar

Re: Risograph GR3770 no image at all

Wow, sorry to hear this. Sometimes even the simplest changes can have drastic effects, even when logic says there will not be an issue.

Start with the basics. Is the master material loaded correctly?. Do you have a spare drum to install and print without making a master? This will help to determine the real issue.

Retrace every step when installing the print adapter board, and try to reverse the procedure. My first impression is that the thermal print head has stopped working. Installing a known working print cylinder will help support this theory. If you have access to other print cylinders, try to insert a different print cylinder and print with the current master already loaded.....
    2000 mockingbirds = 2 kilomockingbirds

Thank you DDude for your nice hints.
    After checking all and everything what came up in my mind, I did following.
    I bought an other working GR3770 and changed the Imaging board.
    So, I disassambled de Main PCB and after that the Imaging board.
    I took the Imaging PCB away from the second GR3770 and assambled it and after this I assambled the original Main board.
    I put an original copy on the glass plate. Started making a master. What do you think? Yes, immediately succes with a good image.
    Ao. it means the Imaging board has failed to do her duty and perhaps it will be broken.
    Now, the next question is: did the extension board for communication with the SC7700 RIP, make the Imaging board broken?
    I am very afraid to replace again the set-up connection board, bacause I have no other Imaging board.
    So I have to tghink about it, but the GR3770 is working very well again. I am very glad for that.
    Thank again DDude and all the best! Regards Chris.

Hi Huckleberry,

did you find any solution for your issue?
    I have exactly the same problem with my machine (GR 3750 and SC 7000). Only blank masters are coming out, also with the SC's own test images..
    However, my Flatbed is still working fine. Any updates (if you have) would be very appreciated.
    Regards,
    Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    Thank you DDude for your nice hints.
    After checking all and everything what came up in my mind, I did following.
    I bought an other working GR3770 and changed the Imaging board.
    So, I disassambled de Main PCB and after that the Imaging board.
    I took the Imaging PCB away from the second GR3770 and assambled it and after this I assambled the original Main board.
    I put an original copy on the glass plate. Started making a master. What do you think? Yes, immediately succes with a good image.
    Ao. it means the Imaging board has failed to do her duty and perhaps it will be broken.
    Now, the next question is: did the extension board for communication with the SC7700 RIP, make the Imaging board broken?
    I am very afraid to replace again the set-up connection board, bacause I have no other Imaging board.
    So I have to tghink about it, but the GR3770 is working very well again. I am very glad for that.
    Thank again DDude and all the best! Regards Chris.