Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Riso RP3700 versus GR3700..'Who' is the winner?

Ok, I know one is probably upgraded version of the other or the two are even of different product lines; Despite both now being obsolete machines, yet they are still very much in active service, at least this part of the globe.
    Now, a customer of mine wants me to supply him with another riso, i seem to have impressed him with technical service offered on his GR3750. My usual 'riso dealer' doesn't have this particular model in stock, claiming they are now hard to get from his sources abroad, but has offered me the RP3700. I have no experience in handling this model before and therefore not sure about its performance in the field visa-vi the gr3750 for which i can now confidently claim some expertise.
    What advice can you guys give me as regards the RP3700 performance, supplies & spares availability as well as ease of repair?
    Thanks in advance.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Riso RP3700 versus GR3700..'Who' is the winner?

Re: Riso RP3700 versus GR3700..'Who' is the winner?

we can say that are very similar but with granden variants, the rp3700 also print 600x600 dpi, clutch feeding of paper is equal to the CR1610 equipment, RP3700 has many generic parts in the market and there are many colored drum, in my opinion the RP3700 has the defect that the control cards and motherboar puden fail for bad electrical intalaciones customer in the place must be careful about that part.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

Wait for an RZ or EZ 590 to find your way to your area. RP's are a pain over complicated POS's compared to the GR or Z line. The RZ 590 might not have true 600 dpi but you won't say "oh crap" when you take the back cover off. Just my thoughts

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

The RP was a relief when it replaced the RN, but a well running GR with a low print and master count is better.
    If you must get the RP, take the back off and make sure the gears on the right hand side have been updated as in this bulletin. It will save you some grief. Well, at least I thought that was an important upgrade anyway.

21158.pdf