Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Unhappy Riso MZ/ RZ: Incompatible Drums – Region Compatibility?

Hi,

I recently bought four secondhand Z-Type A3 drums that were going cheap for my Riso MZ 790U. Unfortunately, I'm getting a D42-532 incompatible drum error when I load them into my printer. The previous owner said that they were working fine in his MZ 770A and RZ 970A machines. Previously, I've only bought secondhand drums via eBay from the US and not from within Australia, and haven't had any problems. It seems as though both 790 and 770, and 990 and 970 drums should be compatible. Would the problem be that my duplicator is a U type model (Canada, United States) and the drums are A type (Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan)? If so, does anyone know if it's possible to convert them either through Test Mode or by replacing parts?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan
    Last edited by benchpressprint; 08-10-2015 at 09:42 AM.

Re: Riso MZ/ RZ: Incompatible Drums – Region Compatibility?

The MZ 790 & 990 uses drum s-4714 while the 970 & 770 uses s-4552. There is no way to convert them. Sorry.
    Good luck.

Did you try recoding them? Here are the instructions:

Instructionsto Reprogram a MZ790 Color Drum to the Color Installed

With poweroff install the color tube into drum 2 (drum on right) you want to changethe color to

Hold downthe left & right position arrows on keyboard for drum 1 & turn on thepower

Yourdisplay should show TEST MODE or ERROR

release theleft & right arrow keys (if ERROR hit reset)

type in 117& hit START, select drum 2 & hit start, will say end when finished

Hit Clear(C key on keyboard)

type in 890& hit Start, select drum 2 & hit start, will say end when finished

turn offpower

Hold downthe left & right position arrows on the keyboard for drum 1 & turn onthe power

Yourdisplay should show TEST MODE or something similar

release theleft & right arrow keys

Type in887, select drum 2 & hit Start. The unit will make a master & startpumping ink. Wait for all the noise to finish then it will beep

Turn poweroff

Turn on& run some full cover prints & the ink will eventually change to thecurrent color

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

these are the codes for RZ3xx series: dunno if it will work for the MZ//RZ990

there is a section in the technical manual that goes over each drum code for size... just look through section 15 in the technical manual and read all the codes.

hope it helps

PJ

Quote Originally Posted by benchpressprint View Post
    Hi,

I recently bought four secondhand Z-Type A3 drums that were going cheap for my Riso MZ 790U. Unfortunately, I'm getting a D42-532 incompatible drum error when I load them into my printer. The previous owner said that they were working fine in his MZ 770A and RZ 970A machines. Previously, I've only bought secondhand drums via eBay from the US and not from within Australia, and haven't had any problems. It seems as though both 790 and 770, and 990 and 970 drums should be compatible. Would the problem be that my duplicator is a U type model (Canada, United States) and the drums are A type (Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan)? If so, does anyone know if it's possible to convert them either through Test Mode or by replacing parts?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

komenymag

Check this link for compatibility list:Z-Type Color Drum Compatibility | stencil.wiki