Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Riso SC II Cable from SC 3000 compatible with SC 7700?

Hi Folks,

I have a SC 3000 computer interface for my GR3750 and wondering if the SC II Cable is compatible with a SC 7700 computer interface? This is the cable that connects the SC 3000 computer interface to the back of a Riso GR3750. I do not yet have the SC 7700 so not able to test. Any knowledge of compatibility would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Best,

Matthew

Technician

Re: Riso SC II Cable from SC 3000 compatible with SC 7700?

I have both cables in my office and I do not believe that they are compatible, but I will follow up!

The SC7700's and 7950's are notorious for HD failure. When you receive your SC7700, simply plug it into the wall and turn it on. It should come to a steady green READY light and a flashing red ERROR light. If not, then your hard drive is bad and you better send it back quick! The reason the error light flashes is because the SC7700 is not connected to a network or a PC.

good luck

yeahyelhsa

Quote Originally Posted by filmplane View Post
    Hi Folks,

I have a SC 3000 computer interface for my GR3750 and wondering if the SC II Cable is compatible with a SC 7700 computer interface? This is the cable that connects the SC 3000 computer interface to the back of a Riso GR3750. I do not yet have the SC 7700 so not able to test. Any knowledge of compatibility would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Best,

Matthew
    Hi there,

I'm reaching out because I'm looking for the SC II cable you're speaking of and wondering where you located one. I recently purchased a GR3750 myself and unfortunately the seller turned out to be a con artist and hasn't sent me half of what I ordered. I need the cable to hook the machine up to my PC so any vendors that might be able to help or any alternative cable recommendations would be very much appreciated.

Best,
    Ashley

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyelhsa View Post
    Hi there,

I'm reaching out because I'm looking for the SC II cable you're speaking of and wondering where you located one. I recently purchased a GR3750 myself and unfortunately the seller turned out to be a con artist and hasn't sent me half of what I ordered. I need the cable to hook the machine up to my PC so any vendors that might be able to help or any alternative cable recommendations would be very much appreciated.

Best,
    Ashley
    So sorry for your buying troubles!
    The good news is that the cable for the Riso SC3000 SC SC II cable is definitely compatible with later models of the SC computer interfaces. The bad news is that they are really challenging to come by since they are a proprietary Riso cable. I got my cable along with my SC3300 from someone on eBay. Sometimes you can find these computer interfaces on Craigslist. What model of SC computer interface do you have? Also, does the scanner bed still work on your GR3750? If so, until you find your cable you can create a suitable workflow for your machine:

You can print out black and white images on a laser photocopier that can output 1200dpi. You can then do your halftones in Photoshop (65lpi at 400dpi) -- the Riso's scanbed can usually pick up everything. Riso's Photo mode is often more trouble than it is worth. I will pm you some suggestions of folks to reach out to about the cable. Good luck!