Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Unhappy Riso RC6300 - exist roller stop when paper is fed

Hello,
    I'm working on an old RC6300 - it was working well and kept in nice running order (Cleaned, new pressure roller, tires, separator,etc.). It started printed only 1/2 at a time before showing a paper jam.

The exist rollers work but it seems like the timing is off? It prints and when the paper comes out the exist rollers stop so the paper stops on the exist roller. Only after displaying paper jam they start to roll slowly releasing one sheet of paper (The print count does not go down but is printing two and stoping on rollers).

The error is PAPER JAM UNDER DRUM PULL OUT DRUM. There is no paper under there so you can press reset and print again.

I know its an old machine but it has a low print count and has been serving me well - anyone have an idea?

Re: Riso RC6300 - exist roller stop when paper is fed

If you remove the exit assy you will find the drive gear that is attached to the shaft that drives the exit drive has a gear on it. That gear has an allen screw. In all likelihood the allen screw came loos or fell out. Tighten it & that should solve the problem. thecopierdude@Hotmail.com

Thanks for the idea! I'm going to try that this week. Would the exit rollers function at all at other times in the process if this was the case?

yes it could be intermitten because if the screw is loose the gear will intermittently grab which turns the belts

Quote Originally Posted by thecopierdude View Post
    yes it could be intermitten because if the screw is loose the gear will intermittently grab which turns the belts
    THANK YOU! That was the problem - set screw was missing.