Riso GR3770 T3 Error

Ricoh guy but a customer has a Riso GR3770 with a T3 error and asked me to check it out. Found that the gear on top back of the drum has teeth missing which apparently disengages the clamper. My question is, do I need to replace the entire drum assembly or can I replace just the gear? Anyone have the manuals I could purchase? Where can I get parts.
    Thanks

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: Riso GR3770 T3 Error

See if the link that "filmplane" shared in this thread will help you find a manual:
    Looking for a GR3770 service manual
    If it works, give them the credit as it was their contribution.
    If I understand you correctly, I think you might have to replace the clamp unit on the drum, I can't remember ever removing just the gear. But it has been quite a while since I've dealt with something like this so I'm not sure. Is the somewhat egg shaped plate with the round magnet still attached properly to that gear? If that's not the case the result would be a T3 error.
    If you can share a picture of that gear on the drum, that would be really helpful. Or at least it would help me not give you random and possibly unhelpful suggestions.

Thanks for the reply, I found the manuals and the gear comes as part of the clamp plate assembly. Now if I can just locate one, they seem to be rare probably because of the age.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tufbnme View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I found the manuals and the gear comes as part of the clamp plate assembly. Now if I can just locate one, they seem to be rare probably because of the age.
    It is possible to replace that gear only if you can get an old similar drum. Don't forget to determine the cause of the fault. That gear on the clamp engages with a similar one on the clamp motor unit, you might find both have broken teeth.

I sell & service Riso & can provide the parts you need. FYI all parts for the GR3770 are discontinued & no longer available from Riso. Call me 631-860-4993 or email the copierdude@hotmail.com.
    Rich

Riso Tecky

Lightbulb Re: Riso GR3770 T3 Error

Some Riso RP units have the same parts . When they went from GR's To RP's they kept some of the parts the same. Thats why when they discontinued the GR's we lost some RP parts as well.

Technician

I sell & service Riso machines & can provide the parts you need. I have a lot of NEW, OLD STOCK parts as well as used (working pulls).
    Correct, ALL parts for the GR3770 are discontinued & no longer available from Riso.
    Call me 910-777-9207 (M-F) or email me at onlygreatcopiers@gmail.com with the actual part # and I will give you a quote.

Thanks,
    Lindsey

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

T3 clamp error..chk drum clamp...and magnet..remove rear cover chk spring and sol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk