Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts barber782's Avatar

Riso RN2000 T01-520

Hi all,

does anyone have any experience on the old riso rn2000 machines, as I have a problem with one where the drum is locked inside machine. It started when it was about to run. Heard a few loud spring ping sounds and an error code is displayed t01-520. Im thinking its something to do with the transfer roller underneath. And the drum is stuck.

Any suggestions?

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: Riso RN2000 T01-520

The pressure roller is certainly something to look after in this situation, but you would be better off making sure the drum is in its home position first. I think if you open the scanner unit like you would when you install a new master roll you should be able to see the drum clamp at top dead center, and if that's not what you see you can turn the drum by hand if you feel strong enough. If you want to try that I'd recommend a decent pair of gloves as there are sharp edges and ink to be avoided there.
    If that doesn't work, if you feel confident enough take the back off the machine and look for broken return springs on solenoids there (the pressure roller solenoid is somewhat left and below the center of the machine when you're looking at the back of the machine, that's what I'd check next anyway). Be really careful if you do that though, there are a lot of sharp edges and really strong springs back there.
    Sorry for being kind of dodgy, it's been a while since I've come across this sort of thing.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts barber782's Avatar

Re: Riso RN2000 T01-520

Cool ok. Looking from above the drum is not in home position. It looks like it needs rotating 180. But really wont move. I managed to rotate it very slightly, and then stopped incase i damaged it.
    Iv taken the back panel off and located the springs, but all looks intact.
    Maybe a timing issue?

Centvrion6

Lightbulb Re: Riso RN2000 T01-520

Take off the back cover and swing any boards out of the way so you can see the gears ... all.of them.
    One of them will be locked by a solenoid. Disengage the solenoid so the arm is in its lowest position (less pressure). Carefully remove the spring with a large pair of pliers. Once loose, the press roller should be disengaged.

The drum should then be able.to be removed. However, the mechanism must be timed with the hash marks on the large gears. Slowly rotating the mechanism should produce either a pair of hash marks that align or a pair of holes that line up clear through to the drum. That is your home position.