Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Riso Drum Questions

Hi,
    I'm hoping someone can give me some advice on a few issues I'm having with my RISO GR3770 and its drums.

I use a red and blue drum to create 2 colour flyers, my flyers for my Real Estate practice and for the most part I'm quite happy with the results except for:

1. Alignment problems from one master to the next... even though my originals from my laser printer that I use to create the masters are bang on when I hold them up to a light and I can burn a master for the blue output and the red output by aligning the originals for each colour exactly up with the 'hash' marks on the scanner window... I aways seem to have to re-aline the paperfeed tray using the rotary adjustment to move the blue output over up to a 1/4 of an inch. Any idea if there is some sort of adjustment on the drum I need to work with?

2. On my black and red drums I've noticed that the masters don't seem to mount on the drum quite right... the trailing edge seems to be 'flapping above the drum' up to 3/4 of an inch... kind of like there's no ink holding it onto the drum.... my blue drum the masters seem to be flush to the drum on the trailing edge... a few times running my black on the 3rd or 4th run of the same flyers, a black mark appears on the end of the flyer where the loose flap of master is and I have to redo the master. Is there some sort of adjustment or fix that I can do to correct this? I could send a picture if it would make my explanation clearer.

3. Just changed my master roll and now have noticed on my red output some blurring at the top of my flyer. Like smudged ink on the title text. I tried redoing the master 4 or 5 times but no change it is still blurry and smudgy. Any ideas.

Thanks again for your answers, your support in the past has been a great help.

Murray

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Murriso View Post
    1. Alignment problems from one master to the next... even though my originals from my laser printer that I use to create the masters are bang on when I hold them up to a light and I can burn a master for the blue output and the red output by aligning the originals for each colour exactly up with the 'hash' marks on the scanner window... I aways seem to have to re-aline the paperfeed tray using the rotary adjustment to move the blue output over up to a 1/4 of an inch. Any idea if there is some sort of adjustment on the drum I need to work with?
    I wouldn't worry too much on this. If you are able to move the elevator tray and it stays consistent after you move it everything is fine.

2. On my black and red drums I've noticed that the masters don't seem to mount on the drum quite right... the trailing edge seems to be 'flapping above the drum' up to 3/4 of an inch... kind of like there's no ink holding it onto the drum.... my blue drum the masters seem to be flush to the drum on the trailing edge... a few times running my black on the 3rd or 4th run of the same flyers, a black mark appears on the end of the flyer where the loose flap of master is and I have to redo the master. Is there some sort of adjustment or fix that I can do to correct this? I could send a picture if it would make my explanation clearer.
    If the master is too long the cut length may need adjusted. If it is a random thing (sometimes long, sometimes fine) there may be an issue with the cutter or cutter timing.

3. Just changed my master roll and now have noticed on my red output some blurring at the top of my flyer. Like smudged ink on the title text. I tried redoing the master 4 or 5 times but no change it is still blurry and smudgy. Any ideas.
    That could be any number of things. Moisture in the media, smudging in the stacking, dirty rollers. Try using the paper flaps on the exit tray and make sure the guides are set to the size paper you are using.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Riso Drum Questions

If you feel like removing the drum body , on the inside are 3 scews on the drive notch that loosen up and cause registration problems.

Technician
    Thanks for the suggestions.