Hello all!

I recently acquired a PS7R-5000 RIP for my MZ790. After figuring out how to reset the device and get it all set up so that my network can talk it, I am stumbling on what I thought would be the easiest part: getting the RIP to talk to the MZ.

I have a pretty traditional setup, as described in the user guide: network hub to ethernet on RIP, USB from RIP to MZ. I had to open up a little metal plate to expose the USB, so it seems that my used MZ has never been used like this before (I normally connect via ethernet). I couldn't find a "turn on USB port" type setting in the admin area, the test modes, the regular user manual, the RIP user manual, or the MZ tech manual. I even opened up the back to take a peek for good measure and saw that the USB is integrated right into the board.

Is there some obvious trick I am missing?

I know that the RIP is communicating with the network because the "data" light starts flashing when I send test prints from both my Windows XP and Mac computers, as well as when I press the test button on the back of the RIP - just nothing prints.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance