Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

RP 3790 - (D01-547) Safety Switch Problem

Hello,

Does anyone know what to do about the "Set drum in place" D01-547 error?

Since a while I had to give most drums an extra push to install them correctly, but I never imagined something weird untill a couple days ago when the drums wouldn't 'lock'. It keeps saying "Set drum in place" and that extra push doesn't help anymore. Sometimes it will lock by itself (without any manual help) after waiting like 15 mins.

An online search revealed that the actuator had to be extended to press the drum-safety-switch more deeply. This helped locking the drums which had the problem and I thought that the problem was solved.

Now I extended a new (to the problem) drum before installing since all actuators are the same in length and I didn't want to take the risk to get the error message again.

But it happened again.

Is something wrong with the drum-safety switch and what can be done about it?

Any help welcome.

Thanks

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: RP 3790 - (D01-547) Safety Switch Problem

This might be stupid, but best I can tell error code "D01-547" doesn't exist on the RP line.
    Are you sure it wasn't D01-527?
    Sorry if that was a waste of time.
    (If the error code was "D01-527", I'd take a good look at the drum coupling in the machine for wear. Or for anything else that prevents the drum from being installed correctly.)

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

D01-547: The print-drum set signal is ON, but the print-drum safety switch is OFF.

Check print-drum safety switch:

Technician

Thanks for the replies.
    It was a D01-547 code and I took the print-drum safety switch out, checked it and placed it back.
    It started to work better.

Now I had the error while the drum was rotating (first print from a new master).
    I could get the drum out, but the pressure roller wouldn't go to down position untill I opened the rear cover and tightened up the springs for the pressure roller.
    Unfortunately the drum can't be installed anymore now.

Current error code = D01-527
    The drum sticks out about 2cm out of the machine and I can't see what it bumps against.
    I tested other drums, same problem.

I ran about all actions in test mode's drum and printing sections.
    All holes and pins from machine and drum seem to match.

Does anyone have a clue what to try next?
    Thanks for your help.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Confirm that the print drum is at position B before reassemble drum unit
    Refer attach document
    Attached Files Attached Files

Technician

Position B is how drums are usually being installed, the home position, right?
    It is like that

Technician

To test if any of the parts sticking out in the drive section of the machine would hinder the drum from installing, I've put a tiny blob of ink on the parts that were sticking out the most (8mm dia, etc), but no ink got onto the drum upon installing.

Any other ideas why this machine blocks drums 1,5cm before the end?
    Or where i can look?

Technician

Hi again,

it's been a couple of months since last post and although I have been printing this D01-547 problem continues.

(The drum not being able to enter was apparently the flange gear drive being slighty out of position which was just something I accidently overlooked. No problem there anymore.)

So, when installing a drum only rarely I can immediately start printing. Normally though the printer lets me wait like 1 to 20 minutes to accept the drum. Often the D01-547 error message comes up again after the printer has accepted the drum and I have to sit out another waiting session to start printing. Sometimes the message goes on and off repeatedly in a matter of seconds.

Once a printing cycle has started it usually goes fine. Only rarely it stops in the middle of a cycle, but printing with the fingers crossed is frustrating.

A few times it took so long that the machine started making heavy (motor) noises while the LED/counter display showed strange 'dancing' combinations of digits and segments that made no sense.

Could this indicate that the battery needs to be replaced or can it be something in the circuitry of one of the print boards or a flaw in the A/B position sensors?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks