Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Question Risograph GR3770 Paper Feed Problems - Stripper Angle Dial Broken?

Hi!

I recently bought a GR3770, and everything about the machine is working great except that it has a hard time accepting paper thicker than maybe 100gsm (70lbs).

I'm using the "Card" setting, and have the Stripper angle and pressure dials set to "low", but my stripper angle dial has no traction at all when you turn it? and swivels around very easily, whereas the stripper pressure dial is more difficult to turn, and i need to use a coin to turn it. Does that sound like a broken Stripper Angle Dial to anyone else? and if so, does anyone know how to fix it?

I unscrewed the four screws around the dials and had a look inside, but there was nothing obvious that looked fixable and i got scared i would break it.

To explain what happens when i try to feed 100gsm (70lb) or thicker paper, the machine tries to take a sheet, and then gives up and gives me a paper jam error message.

Thanks in advance if anyone is able to help! Here's a nice photo of a dog.

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/golde...cap-662929.jpg

Re: Risograph GR3770 Paper Feed Problems - Stripper Angle Dial Broken?

oo fixed this a while ago. nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by inkybaby View Post
    Hi!

I recently bought a GR3770, and everything about the machine is working great except that it has a hard time accepting paper thicker than maybe 100gsm (70lbs).

I'm using the "Card" setting, and have the Stripper angle and pressure dials set to "low", but my stripper angle dial has no traction at all when you turn it? and swivels around very easily, whereas the stripper pressure dial is more difficult to turn, and i need to use a coin to turn it. Does that sound like a broken Stripper Angle Dial to anyone else? and if so, does anyone know how to fix it?

I unscrewed the four screws around the dials and had a look inside, but there was nothing obvious that looked fixable and i got scared i would break it.

To explain what happens when i try to feed 100gsm (70lb) or thicker paper, the machine tries to take a sheet, and then gives up and gives me a paper jam error message.

Thanks in advance if anyone is able to help! Here's a nice photo of a dog.

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/golde...cap-662929.jpg