Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    marnicq

[newbie] Having trouble connecting pc to RISO EZ 300 E

Hi,

A couple of days ago I bought a (hardly used) RISO EZ 300 E, it's my first duplicator machine.
    I'd like to connect it to my computer, so I downloaded the drivers for the RISO EZ 3 series and installed them on my windows 8 laptop.

Whenever I try to print something from my computer (through the USB-cable and port), my computer sends the data to the printing queue and in five minutes or so, it tells me the printer is in an error state (no numbers, no error code).
    The duplicator meanwhile hasn't done anything but sit there. In the manual I read the duplicator requires a USB 2.0 PC Interface Card, how do I check whether my RISO has one, and if it doesn't have one... well, what should I do? Haha.

So, do you guys have any idea what to do? Is it just not working because of Windows 8? A faulty driver install? Something I overlooked? Or am I missing the USB 2.0 PC Interface Card? Am I maybe missing some software?
    I've been looking around for some information/any solution, but information seems to be sparse and RISO customer service isn't replying (probably because it's a used machine, and therefore I'm not a customer, haha).

Thanks in advance! Any help would be appreciated! :')

Marnicq

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    [newbie] Having trouble connecting pc to RISO EZ 300 E

Re: [newbie] Having trouble connecting pc to RISO EZ 300 E

greetings Marnicq your you must manually set the port of the RISO printer software for your laptop I describe as follows control panel-devices and printers and printer properties select the tab ports selects one of the ports on your laptop and see if you can print .

att. Andrew

marnicq

Re: [newbie] Having trouble connecting pc to RISO EZ 300 E

Thanks for the reply, Andrew.

I figured it out, it wasn't the software. Apparantly there is a button on the machine to switch it from copy/scan input to computer/digital input. Oops.