RZ-220UI Constant Spots and Specks.

This machine only has 948K images. Predominately used on envelopes. So far new parts. Platen glass, white reference sheet, drum screen, silk screen, multiple pressure rollers, I have cleaned everything multiple times. This issues started about a month ago. It is in a Print Shop. They are very particular. The spots and specks are static for the run, but move as masters and originals are changed. I am at the end of my run any help is appreciated.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: RZ-220UI Constant Spots and Specks.

The corners of the envelopes are wearing through the master material material and allowing unwanted ink to leak through, which happens every time enough envelopes are run through any Riso. Here is the historically correct countermeasure for that:
    Run about 10-20 envelopes, then look at the master. You will see an outline of the envelope in the master. Carefully cover the corners of that outline with tape - regular office tape works great, but you can use electrical tape if you must.
    That has worked on every Riso I've ever worked on, and it is really easy too.
    The Riso will eject the used master properly, it doesn't care if there is regular office tape on it.
    If a really large quantity of envelopes are run, you may need to tape up the entire outline of the envelope. But I've only seen one time where that was necessary, so that's kind of unlikely.