Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Taking apart non working RP3700, which parts are worth keeping?

I am in the process of dismantling a RP3700 which has under 1 mill copies but had error codes. I replaced this with another RP and would like to keep some of the parts from the old one, like boards, small motors etc., in case the new one needs parts. As I don't have a lot of room I would appreciate advice on what parts would be most useful to retain.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: Taking apart non working RP3700, which parts are worth keeping?

If possible, could you let us know what the error codes were?
    I guess without knowing that, I'd still keep the feed rollers and the sep pad if they weren't in too bad of shape. Then again, Riso said they would last for 500K prints, so your mileage may vary.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

TPH and Main Motor Drive Gears (3) if they are the dark colored type (don't remember if they were hardened plastic or metal, both they aren't white)

Quote Originally Posted by 20gaugeO/U View Post
    Main Motor Drive Gears (3) if they are the dark colored type (don't remember if they were hardened plastic or metal, both they aren't white)
    I think I've still got the tech pub about the gears, give me a couple of days and I'll see if I can find it.

Technician

looking at the tech bulletin, the old main drive gears are all 3 black plastic and the new ones are 2 smaller metal gears and one large white gear. I'd also be curious as to what the error code are, they don't really mean the machine is hopeless. on my RP 3700 i've worked my way through at least a dozen (conservative estimate) different error codes over the years.

Technician

Re error codes. Started out with T17 020. Nothing jammed in unit but fuse kept blowing. Many more codes followed after this but I can't remember them.

Quote Originally Posted by Philh View Post
    I am in the process of dismantling a RP3700 which has under 1 mill copies but had error codes. I replaced this with another RP and would like to keep some of the parts from the old one, like boards, small motors etc., in case the new one needs parts. As I don't have a lot of room I would appreciate advice on what parts would be most useful to retain.

Quote Originally Posted by Philh View Post
    Re error codes. Started out with T17 020. Nothing jammed in unit but fuse kept blowing. Many more codes followed after this but I can't remember them.
    Master/copy counter disconnect error plus a 24v short, tough one that. If the fuse blows with the CN7, 8, 11, 12, and 13 disconnected on the front drive board, the front drive PCB is probably toast. Otherwise the counters or one of the motors might be bad.
    Either way, some parts to take off the list.
    (Sorry, removed connector numbers not related to the 24v B supply, which is the one that powers the counters among other things)
    Last edited by Iowatech; 04-19-2016 at 03:04 AM. Reason: More info

For what it is worth, here you go - I knew I'd shared this tech pub before. Sorry for the delay.
    21158.pdf