Technician

RZ220 to Macbook Pro

I was told that even with print controller and network card, i wont be able to connect to any computer newer than a windows 98 on a risograph rz220 because of driver issues?

i'm looking into trying to connect a macbook pro and was wondering if that would be possible at all or is this going to be a lost cause?

thanks!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    RZ220 to Macbook Pro

Re: RZ220 to Macbook Pro

hi look in this site and search your driver

RISO Download Center

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Check RISO download driver web:

Code:
    http://download.riso.com/dl/dlpage.jsp?sitecode=gl1&pagecode=pdall&param1=RZ+series&param2=none&submit=Search
    May it help!

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

I set up an RZ machine on the network for a client a couple years ago.. I don't normally work on Riso, as our Riso guy at the time was "old school" and did not do any network related stuff. Short story long, I got it to work on XP and Win7.

As for the Mac... Good luck because I don't believe it's even supported period.

Yes if you have all the components installed you can print with Mac up to ver 10.11 and Windows 8. Go to www.us.riso.com, click customer support, click technical support, click download print drivers. Choose model and language. Big list of driver choices.
    Good luck.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by jermyth View Post
    Yes if you have all the components installed you can print with Mac up to ver 10.11 and Windows 8. Go to www.us.riso.com, click customer support, click technical support, click download print drivers. Choose model and language. Big list of driver choices.
    Good luck.

thanks! that was really helpful

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by jermyth View Post
    Good luck.

Here is the link:

RISO Download Center

Good luck!

jhyun03

Where can you purchase the printer controller/network card for the macbook? Hope you can you help, thanks!

- CL

Quote Originally Posted by slimy View Post
    I was told that even with print controller and network card, i wont be able to connect to any computer newer than a windows 98 on a risograph rz220 because of driver issues?

i'm looking into trying to connect a macbook pro and was wondering if that would be possible at all or is this going to be a lost cause?

thanks!
    Every has been said here but with Mac I had issues and I also helped a friend with a RZ. When everything was done (drivers installed), sometimes in direct wire connection it just does not work. The best solution is to use your Riso as a network printer, via your router.