yoamomonstruos

Vertical Lines/Weirdness with Riso MZ 1070

Hey everyone,

I'm really new to working with Riso machines. I was wondering it someone could help me out with some advice. I've recently purchased an MZ 1070e and after trying to run some test prints I'm getting the following results:

2016-04-23 18.02.41.jpg2016-04-23 18.02.47.jpg

so what I'm stuck with is:

1) What is causing the vertical lines? Is this some issue caused by the rollers?
    2) What is causing the wavey/distortion in the top left of the black print?

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

Re: Vertical Lines/Weirdness with Riso MZ 1070

Black Drum - make a confidential master then pull the drum out and run your hand over the drum surface. Is it dented???

Lines - clean the TPH with a soft cloth and ISO Alcohol. Make a master using test mode 80. Lines still there??? I can't quite tell if the lines look like TPH going out or drums screen/shell needs to be cleaned.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

I would be inclined to say the TPH is responsible for the lines, as under magnification the pattern of lines is remarkably similar between the two pictures.
    Hopefully cleaning it like 20gaugeO/U said will take care of that problem, as the TPH is pretty expensive.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yoamomonstruos View Post
    Hey everyone,

I'm really new to working with Riso machines. I was wondering it someone could help me out with some advice. I've recently purchased an MZ 1070e and after trying to run some test prints I'm getting the following results:

2016-04-23 18.02.41.jpg2016-04-23 18.02.47.jpg

so what I'm stuck with is:

1) What is causing the vertical lines? Is this some issue caused by the rollers?
    2) What is causing the wavey/distortion in the top left of the black print?

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers
    1 - Vertical lines:: agreed with last two posts, must be TPH... where are you located? My Tech might be able to get you a replacement.

2 - Distortion:: your drums are dented >> you can replace the drum body or live with the dents.

good luck & welcome to the riso-world, I've been a big fan of Victory Magazine... We publish a satirical magazine called, SPRTS. Maybe see you around the art-book fairs.

-PJ