Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: RP3700 t02-401

Technician

Unhappy RP3700 t02-401

Hello!

Just had an error on my RP3700 - t02-401.
    When the paper feeds the tray rises - and doesn't stop.

The machine has been working really well all day. Immediately before it broke I was wiping the rubber feeding wheels - incase that suggests why its broken!

video - https://youtu.be/saM2rvPryQ8

Any help would be MASSIVELY appreciated!

I've just been messing with it a bot more - and I've had the error code a06-403 as well.

Technician

Re: RP3700 t02-401

I have since been into test mode and have attempted to run a printing cycle (after manually bringing paper to the feeders - hoping it would work) - and I get error message t02-405

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    RP3700 t02-401

Error literally says t02-405 (The upper-limit sensor does not go ON within 12 s after the elevator motoroperates in the raising direction.)

they are the sensors that are above the wheels or pikup paper feeding roller, I think they are not damaged, there may be a poor fit or when you brought the roller moved the sensor, also can test sensors with the following codes

402 Elevator upper-limit sensor A Blocked (detection plate present)
    403 Elevator upper-limit sensor B (Upper-limit position from combination of A and B)

see the picture
    2016-06-09 16-44-14.544.jpg E and F are the sensor that you need the to check.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    RP3700 t02-401

in the video is clearly seen that there is a poor fit in the power input paper, I say that the plate where are placed the sensors are very high, you should download a little, you should use a flathead screwdriver to lower

Technician

Hi VENRISO - thanks for replying so promptly - I had to leave the machine for a few days, so have only just had chance to check it.

Upon removing the plastic grey plate - I noticed that the two sensors you highlighted were both loose, so I reattached them to the little metal plate. I noticed the metal bracket holding the wheels had shifted a bit to the left, which had forced it to knock the sensors off. So once this had also been corrected the whole thing now works!

Thanks again for your help!