Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

GR3750 master removal problem

Whenever I try and creat a master the old one fails to be removed. Sometimes the master is caught in the rollers for removal but tears. I have replaced the master removal hooks and set them at 18mm from the vertical transort roller as specified. I have tested the solenoid and that is working and the removal hooksmove into place. I have checked the tension on the vertical transport screws. I have tested the removal fan and that is working fine. Looking at the manual I can't find any other suggestions as to what mght be wrong, does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be? Thanks.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Woxner's Avatar

Re: GR3750 master removal problem

Have you replaced the rubber bands and cleaned all the rollers. they get gummy and the belts stretch and dont rotate. you digging too deep for this problem

Have you checked the collection box? Is anything broken on it? Is it sitting in correctly?
    There is also a one-way gear in the drive for the disposal unit that goes bad, needs cleaned. Does the motor for the disposal run?
    You might want to try watch the disposal process in action. Cam up the top, cheat the safety switches and have it make a confidential/blank master. And watch the drum and clamp and disposal work.

Good luck.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ianmck View Post
    Whenever I try and creat a master the old one fails to be removed. Sometimes the master is caught in the rollers for removal but tears. I have replaced the master removal hooks and set them at 18mm from the vertical transort roller as specified. I have tested the solenoid and that is working and the removal hooksmove into place. I have checked the tension on the vertical transport screws. I have tested the removal fan and that is working fine. Looking at the manual I can't find any other suggestions as to what mght be wrong, does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be? Thanks.
    Actually, the factory spec for the master removal hooks is 2 to 3 millimeters from the open master clamp on the drum.
    Still, if this happened all of a sudden you should probably make sure the upper VTR roller unit is locked in place first. Maybe put a bit of oil on the upper VTR roller bushings, too.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

There are no rubber bands in this model. Ya what Iowa said too... How about the thin plastic hump/projection things under the clamp plate on the drum. How many of those are broken and/or missing?

(New member here, first post!)

OP, any progress on this? Rescued a 3750 and am having the same issue. Not a tech, but pretty handy...

Been studying manual and exploded view parts schematic but forgive me if any of this comes off as naive. I tried Jermyth's suggestion and watched the removal process thru the top of the machine, and noticed the VTRs weren't moving. The Master Removal Hooks are shifting down to receive the master from the drum so I was hoping that was a sign the solenoid is fine. Is the VT motor shot maybe?

Please advise, I'm looking forward to making this thing kick again.