Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Riso EZ 590u feed problem

Hi guys,

Need some advice.

I have a Riso 590u that stopped feeding through 2nd part of machine, right before drum. The machine will feed till paper is about 3/4 inside machine, then gets stuck for a second or 2, then goes through machine, followed by a paper jam error. It happens every time now.

I have the repair manual. I've adjusted the table height sensors, cleaned the wheels etc. It seems to feed just like always.

I also checked the timing marks running the machine at 30 rpm in test mode. Looks like the 2 timing marks are lined up perfectly every 3 rotations for the big gear. Machine looks and sounds like normal when running.

So what should i look at next? Clutch etc.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Brent

Re: Riso EZ 590u feed problem

Could be the pf clutch or the timing roller one-way gear. Possibly the one-ways in the feed tire cores. How many copies are on the unit? Also check and clean the pf sensor at the timing roller, use canned air and blow it out.
    Good luck.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Brent hi, I do not think it's the paper feed clutch, may be the pressure roller is not this working properly,

question ----- paper gets under the drum ?

you can change the LoadSpring and the oneway spring, are the only pieces left that involved the second paper feeding aera

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by jermyth View Post
    Could be the pf clutch or the timing roller one-way gear. Possibly the one-ways in the feed tire cores. How many copies are on the unit? Also check and clean the pf sensor at the timing roller, use canned air and blow it out.
    Good luck.

Thanks for the reply Jermyth!

I will try to clean off the sensor.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by VENRISO View Post
    Brent hi, I do not think it's the paper feed clutch, may be the pressure roller is not this working properly,

question ----- paper gets under the drum ?

you can change the LoadSpring and the oneway spring, are the only pieces left that involved the second paper feeding aera
    Hi Venriso, thanks for the reply!

It gets under the drum. About and inch or so from a little red arrow/finger type of thing just above paper path, i think it makes the paper follow the path.

Brent

Technician

Hey guys, I think its the pressure roller not working correctly. I was using a flash light looking through the exit side. Inside there seems to be a gap all the time, where you would think a roller on the bottom should make contact with paper, pushing it up against print cyclinde, when the paper goes through. Right now paper is going through completely, but only on a second rotation of machine, then jam error on display, even though the paper is already through the machine, So any ideas? Also i blew everything out with air that i could get too.

The back of machine when open seems to be moving and clicking like normal. No levers, gears, or springs look out of place.

Thanks again.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Check pressure control section

Sent from my HTC Desire 820s dual sim using Tapatalk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

ok, when the paper jam occurs press the * key to display the screen erro can be a sensor is not working properly with the error code we can rule out exactly what is happening