Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: GR 3750 color drum prints to the edge of paper

Quote Originally Posted by farabundo View Post
    Sorry for resurrecting this, but I never found the part you both mention. Is this the drum chuck/coupling you mention in the photo? How can I check if something is off (the reason why prints are going full bleed off the edge of the page)?

Attachment 34722
    That's the part at least I was talking about.
    I'd start out with a drum that works, put a confidential master on it, run 10 to 20 sheets of paper through the machine, then open the scanner and gently try to move the drum back and forth by hand. It will move around a little bit, but as long as the drum works that's normal. Then repeat with the red drum, if it moves around more, that drum drum is worn out and needs to be thrown away.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    That's the part at least I was talking about.
    I'd start out with a drum that works, put a confidential master on it, run 10 to 20 sheets of paper through the machine, then open the scanner and gently try to move the drum back and forth by hand. It will move around a little bit, but as long as the drum works that's normal. Then repeat with the red drum, if it moves around more, that drum drum is worn out and needs to be thrown away.
    Will do this, thanks for the tip. Just out of interest, could I not just compare the drums without putting a confidential master on and running prints? If there's a noticeable difference and problem with the red drum wouldn't it be regardless of masters/prints? Trying to fully understand the issue going on.
    Last edited by farabundo; 11-12-2016 at 03:50 AM. Reason: Typos

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by farabundo View Post
    Just out of interest, could I not just compare the drums without putting a confidential master on and running prints? If there's a noticeable difference and problem with the red drum wouldn't it be regardless of masters/prints? Trying to fully understand the issue going on.
    You don't absolutely need to put a confidential master on the drums. Regular masters will work OK.
    It's just that the confidential master won't waste paper during troubleshooting print job, so it would probably be best to put one on the malfunctioning red drum at least.
    Most of the time a confidential master reduced the amount of ink I got on my hands, clothes and workspace during troubleshooting too.