Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Riso GR3770 uneven print / pressure roller issue ?

Today I changed the pressure roller from a similar GR3770 to the one I'm trying to print with (Yes I have two of them, and just suddenly realised why not try the pressure roller from the other one....) and I'm getting a decent quality print! Prints come out with a little bit of the same effect as with the previous roller but running 20 prints and adjusting the darkness settings the print comes out ok. There are still some print alignment problems but offsetting the original in the glass a bit and adjusting vertical print positioning I had success in printing the complete image without much visible defects. There is one thing still wrong with the print though, a thin line going through the print vertically, and going over the print area bit. You can actually see it in the image in the first post, in the bottom of the print, any idea what might be causing it ?

And if anyone is wondering how the pressure roller comes out, I figured it out by accident, you don't need to unscrew anything, it just comes out by pulling it upwards.

I'm having a little bit problems with paper getting stuck in the drum, but I think it might be because of the old inks inside the drums,and possibly the print alignment problems. It's mainlly happening with printing large black areas. I think I will completely clean the drums and buy brand new inks.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: Riso GR3770 uneven print / pressure roller issue ?

Quote Originally Posted by Teethevee View Post
    Today I changed the pressure roller from a similar GR3770 to the one I'm trying to print with (Yes I have two of them, and just suddenly realised why not try the pressure roller from the other one....) and I'm getting a decent quality print! Prints come out with a little bit of the same effect as with the previous roller but running 20 prints and adjusting the darkness settings the print comes out ok. There are still some print alignment problems but offsetting the original in the glass a bit and adjusting vertical print positioning I had success in printing the complete image without much visible defects. There is one thing still wrong with the print though, a thin line going through the print vertically, and going over the print area bit. You can actually see it in the image in the first post, in the bottom of the print, any idea what might be causing it ?

And if anyone is wondering how the pressure roller comes out, I figured it out by accident, you don't need to unscrew anything, it just comes out by pulling it upwards.

I'm having a little bit problems with paper getting stuck in the drum, but I think it might be because of the old inks inside the drums,and possibly the print alignment problems. It's mainlly happening with printing large black areas. I think I will completely clean the drums and buy brand new inks.
    Good deal, thanks for letting us know!
    For what it is worth, you might now want to explore the vast amount of GR series information already here in this forum, it may have made your day easier.