Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    maxseckel

Riso GR 3710 Pressure Roller

Hello

Recently had a rough day with my riso, bent a tiny piece of the master clamp making some drum repairs and it caused the machine to jam pretty hard and apparently fall out of time. A few days of figuring out what the manual means when it says things later and I have the machine running again, and for the most part it works better than it did before.

In the course of my repairs I thought I might try to remove the pressure roller to clean or replace it (I have a brand new one in a box, and the roller looks uneven and worn out). However, I can't find anywhere in the technical manual or on the internet how I actually take the roller out. The website I bought the new roller from has a maddeningly useless video of some guy taking the roller out of his rp machine by loosening one screw.. There does not seem to be such a screw on the gr models.

In the mean time it does print ok. Occasionally mishandles 8.5x11 card stock but everything else prints pretty well.. So maybe it isn't a necessary repair.. just wish I could do a more thorough cleaning of the roller than I can do by wiping it down w a rag and roller cleaner while it's in the machine.

thanks

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: Riso GR 3710 Pressure Roller

The roller is held in by spring loaded clips. If you are insanely careful, you can even pull the front bearing out of it's mounting by hand and remove the roller that way, but as there are many sharp and pointy things near there that can harm you I don't recommend that. Get a sturdy tool and pry the front bearing out. The new roller will snap back in. Um, just a personal note, I tried cleaning the pressure roller on a wide variety of Risos and always failed. It's probably just a personal preference, but I found in the fullness of time that cleaning the pressure roller was a fool's errand.

Re: Riso GR 3710 Pressure Roller

In my GR3770 the pressure roller is quite easy to just pull out from between the clips, and it goes back the same way, did this many times last week when trying to solve a problem and was switching the pressure rollers between two GR 3770, I used an L-shaped tool to avoid hurting my hands.