Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

RZ990: Master Removal Jam, now it says there is a master on the drum...

Hi there,

I recently had a master removal jam ie the master was not ejected properly and got wrapped around the master removal belts. I cleared this out and now I am getting 'Master Remains on Cylinder, Pull out Cylinder and Remove Master' whenever I try to make a master with this drum - even though there is no master on the drum! I've tried restarting while holding reset to reboot the whole thing, but no dice.

I can make masters on other drums... Also - since the master removal jam, the home position of the drum (when I goto eject the drum) has moved... It's moved about 1/4" so the drum doesn't pull out smoothly, I have to press the green eject button, and then manually rotate the cylinder back 1/4" so the arrows on the drum line up before I can pull it out.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Re: RZ990: Master Removal Jam, now it says there is a master on the drum...

If it's happening only on one drum, my first response would be something is broken on that drum. There is a test mode to adjust the position B stop, but I'm pretty sure that will adjust all drums. Physically compare the bad drum with a proven working one and see if you can find something not right. It's possible that there is some scrap of master material on the drum causing the problem.

Good luck.

schuemansky

Re: RZ990: Master Removal Jam, now it says there is a master on the drum...

Hi there,
    I am happen to have the exact same problem.
    After working on a drum with a master wrapped not correctly and removing it manually the machine gives the exact same error message.
    Inserting other "functioning" drums does not resolve the problem. Even worse, I tried to insert the "functioning" drum in my second machine. Same result.
    Did you find a way to resolve the problem at least?