Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    lacucaracha

Looking for Riso GR 3770 ink and drums

Hey y'all,

Great forum and very helpful stuff! I'm looking for ink and drums and any other affordable or useful resources for Riso GR 3770 supplies. I have some inks: green, red, blue, brown, sort of a grey, and black, but we want to expand and also feature yellow, fl. pink, and some other colors. The issue is that it is really hard to find supplies, with some colors basically non-existent online where I have looked. I can get some inks from China, but feel unsure about the safety of that purchase. I have yet to find drums to use that ink, because yellow and pink are in high demand. I haven't seen new drums anywhere. Do those exist for purchase? Or can I re-use a drum, clean it, and use a new color like yellow? Seems hard to believe that could work.

Thanks for any and all help!

Nick

Re: Looking for Riso GR 3770 ink and drums

Have you checked https://www.prntnow.com ? They have a lot of spare parts and inks for GR3770, don't know if they have drums though.
    It's possible to change the color of the drum, need to be cleaned properly and then run a lot of prints, I've done it just recently. Probably easier to change yellow to black than black to yellow..

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

The GR line was released in 1994. You are 1 major part away from having a GR boat anchor. Riso doesn't make RA ink and hasn't for a few years, next will be GR and I'm pretty sure it can't be to far off. Parts are very scarce anymore, treat lightly is my recommendation.

lacucaracha

Quote Originally Posted by 20gaugeO/U View Post
    The GR line was released in 1994. You are 1 major part away from having a GR boat anchor. Riso doesn't make RA ink and hasn't for a few years, next will be GR and I'm pretty sure it can't be to far off. Parts are very scarce anymore, treat lightly is my recommendation.
    Good to know! There's so little info out there. I had started to get the feeling that other machine models were much more useable by seeing more supplies available online. Someone gave me this on loan, so I've been pretty lucky just to have it but I'll tread more lightly now that I know it could be phased out. I've been trying to not invest a ton of money in it becaust every new drum or supply is super costly and adds up to be more than it is worth.

Technician

We have over 400 Riso drums in stock. We only sell tested and guaranteed working with a 14 day money back guarantee.
    Price varies on color and condition.

Thanks,