Technician

riso rz230ep with p04-513 error

i have riso rz230ep with p04-513 error, i have tried to replace the ink cartridge but the error did not solve
    can anyone help me.
    thanks

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    riso rz230ep with p04-513 error

Re: riso rz230ep with p04-513 error

do you need to check the overflow sensor is ON for a set number of times in succession during the 10-millisecondinterval overflow-sensor check.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

If the print quality was fine up until the error occurred, turn the machine off, then hold down the "Reset" key on the control panel while turning the machine on, and continue to hold the key down for 5-10 seconds. If the error goes away, make a new master and run around 50 prints. If the error doesn't reoccur, your done.

Most of the time when I've seen that work the error codes were caused by a voltage surge from the wall outlet the machine was plugged into. So you might want to try this if the machine acts oddly after an energetic storm passes through the area or there is construction nearby, or anything else that would disturb the constant flow of electricity from the outlet the machine is plugged into.

Technician

iowatech
    the 513 errors are usually an ink overflow inside the drum- generally you need to open up the drum and remove the excess ink
    from the overflow wire, this overflow normally occurs when cust is printing stuff mainly in one spot on the page rather than across the whole page, this isn't something that can be fixed permanently as it is due to the design of the ink sensors and location

s817

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

s817
    I was just troubleshooting. Start with the easiest fix and go from there.
    There were two situations were I've seen that error code in the field. Like you said, one is for an actual ink overflow. But the print quality was always bad when I saw that because the ink bead was never evenly distributed on the squeegee roller.
    The other situation was where a voltage surge scrambled some of the machine's working memory, which can cause all manner of error codes or odd machine behavior. The print quality is perfect before the error code in that case.
    If that error code is actually an ink overflow, and you catch it in time, and you have access to a large amount of junk paper, you can use the ink drainage service mode to get rid of most the excess ink. If you're lucky you'll just have to clean the sensor antennas then.

What also can cause this, in my experience, is the one-way squeegee gear to fail. Usually due to ink working its way into it. Fixable but long and messy, especially if not trained or have access to a manual.

Good luck.