Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician

Re: Risograph FR3910 master crumpling while burning image

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    The machine will make masters fine without the master removal hooks. Before you replace the hooks though, make sure they are operating correctly. There's a solenoid in the front left hand side of the drum cavity that moves the hooks, press on that solenoid's plunger a time or two and make sure the hooks aren't hanging up somewhere.
    Also make sure there isn't a big wad of master material on the lower VTR shaft that prevents the hooks from retracting properly. I've never seen that on the FR line, but I have sen that enough times on the GR line that it is probably important.
    I pressed the solenoid and the hooks don't get hung up and look to be in good condition. When I press the green button to set drum in home position it gets stuck upside down and T1 error pops up. I unscrewed one of the hooks so it couldn't be activated but the drum still gets stuck halfway through rotation.

Technician

Update fixed the drum rotation problem. I used the wrong size screw to adjust the loading pulse motor and it somehow was getting in the way of things with the rotation. Now I'm able to see a change in the crumpling while making the adjustments to the loading pulse motor tension.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by austinlonz View Post
    Update fixed the drum rotation problem. I used the wrong size screw to adjust the loading pulse motor and it somehow was getting in the way of things with the rotation. Now I'm able to see a change in the crumpling while making the adjustments to the loading pulse motor tension.
    Just follow my advice from previous posts.I've passed through a similar fire from exactly the same model of machine.Make adjustments between the master loading motor tension and that of master cutting motor tension. The adjustments are critical. Exercise patience, in the end it will work.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS View Post
    Just follow my advice from previous posts.I've passed through a similar fire from exactly the same model of machine.Make adjustments between the master loading motor tension and that of master cutting motor tension. The adjustments are critical. Exercise patience, in the end it will work.
    After countless hours and a lot of masters this is as close as I can get. Am I doing something wrong?IMG_5665.jpg

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

I've never had the pleasure of seeing this on any FR/GR/RA's but I watched your video.

Have you rigged the master making cover safety switches and watched it load the master onto the drum? Is it parallel there?

Check that the gold U hooks on both ends of the TPH are seating properly around the collars of the write roller. Whichever end (front or rear of machine) is burning the image should be OK. I'm thinking the TPH isn't coming down and seating properly on one end with the write roller so you are only getting tension from one end and only image burn on that end as well.

That's just my cents. Good luck

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by 20gaugeO/U View Post
    I've never had the pleasure of seeing this on any FR/GR/RA's but I watched your video.

Have you rigged the master making cover safety switches and watched it load the master onto the drum? Is it parallel there?

Check that the gold U hooks on both ends of the TPH are seating properly around the collars of the write roller. Whichever end (front or rear of machine) is burning the image should be OK. I'm thinking the TPH isn't coming down and seating properly on one end with the write roller so you are only getting tension from one end and only image burn on that end as well.

That's just my cents. Good luck
    Your right the gold hook isn't going down all the way on the side that's not burning! How do I fix this? Thanks !

De-burr whatever is catching with a file. Grease the parts. Bend the U hook with a pliers if you can. Just be gentle cause if you damage the TPH surface you are going to kick yourself.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by 20gaugeO/U View Post
    De-burr whatever is catching with a file. Grease the parts. Bend the U hook with a pliers if you can. Just be gentle cause if you damage the TPH surface you are going to kick yourself.
    THANK YOU!!! Finally working again the hook had burs and was bent to close together.

Glad to hear it