Technician

rz220 problems with master being made

Hey everyone,

So I was making a small edition of 150 yesterday and half way through, my machine gave me an error of A06-403 and it just kept thinking the sensor was off. I'm guessing my tray unaligned itself and went too low for the sensor etc but long story short, it took about 3 hours of taking the paper tray, sensor, etc apart to fix.

After fixing that, another problem came up that wasn't an issue before, (No error codes anymore though) when i try to make a master, whether it's through the scanning bed or through my laptop (i have a nic card) it reads as if i'm making something smaller. I've attached some pictures. The original images are supposed to be 8.5x11. I've replaced the paper tray with one I know is working, I've replaced my logic board, I've reseated all my cables, I've gone to test mode to factory reset, nothing seems to work. Note: It's not that the rest of the drums aren't inking up, the machine itself thinks the master is that small so it's burning masters that size even though the files/scanning bed images are both 8.5x11

Any help or suggestion? My technician thinks it's electrical but I'm hoping it's some easy fix that I haven't thought of yet?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Technician

Re: rz220 problems with master being made

does anyone have some answers/ideas? thanks!

Technician

Even wild guesses would be appreciated!

Technician

I just went into test mode and tried the code 135 which is "Paper size on tray is displayed by ID numbers" with letter size paper in the tray and when I do that, the display gives me back the ID Number: 51 which is "paper size undefined 2 (paper size detection sensor is off)" When I have ledger sized paper in the tray, I get back 50 which is "paper size undefined 1 (Paper size detection sensor is on)"

Using test mode code 80 to create patterns, I get the same results with the masters though where only the middle of the master sheets are being made into printable areas.

Could this be my problem?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

Yep this Riso uses the width and length sensors to determine the actual size of master to burn, which is why sometimes it will clip a part of the image off if it's to close to the edge (border deletion). Should be able to see what the paper width pot is reading with TM 721. But you have to change it in the Protected Area of test modes 1102, 1103 and see what 1201 is set at. You'll need a metric ruler, scissors and a piece of cardstock type paper to adjust the width pot

Technician

[QUOTE = baboso; 546534] Hola a todos,

Ayer estaba haciendo una pequeña edición de 150 ya la mitad, mi máquina me dio un error de A06-403 y seguía pensando que el sensor estaba apagado. Supongo que mi bandeja se desalineó y bajó demasiado para el sensor, etc., pero en pocas palabras, se necesitaron aproximadamente 3 horas para separar la bandeja de papel, el sensor, etc.

Después de solucionarlo, surgió otro problema que no era un problema antes, (aunque ya no hay códigos de error) cuando trato de hacer un maestro, ya sea a través de la cama de escaneo o a través de mi computadora portátil (tengo una tarjeta NIC), se lee como si estuviera haciendo algo más pequeño. Adjunto algunas fotos. Se supone que las imágenes originales son 8.5x11.Reemplacé la bandeja de papel con una que sé que funciona, reemplacé mi placa lógica, volví a colocar todos mis cables, pasé al modo de prueba para restablecer los valores de fábrica, nada parece funcionar. Nota: No es que el resto de los tambores no se estén entintando, la máquina en sí cree que el maestro es tan pequeño, por lo que está grabando maestros de ese tamaño a pesar de que los archivos / imágenes de la cama de escaneo son 8.5x11

. Mi técnico cree que es eléctrico, pero espero que sea una solución fácil en la que no he pensado todavía. [/ QUOTE]

Hi!!, I have this partial printing problem. You were able to fix it sometime? I saw the 1102-1103 codes, and I tried but I don't quite get it. Just hnowing that this problem can be fixing in that way is a hope for me. If not I will have to find another way. Thank you!!

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimy View Post
    Hey everyone,

So I was making a small edition of 150 yesterday and half way through, my machine gave me an error of A06-403 and it just kept thinking the sensor was off. I'm guessing my tray unaligned itself and went too low for the sensor etc but long story short, it took about 3 hours of taking the paper tray, sensor, etc apart to fix.

After fixing that, another problem came up that wasn't an issue before, (No error codes anymore though) when i try to make a master, whether it's through the scanning bed or through my laptop (i have a nic card) it reads as if i'm making something smaller. I've attached some pictures. The original images are supposed to be 8.5x11. I've replaced the paper tray with one I know is working, I've replaced my logic board, I've reseated all my cables, I've gone to test mode to factory reset, nothing seems to work. Note: It's not that the rest of the drums aren't inking up, the machine itself thinks the master is that small so it's burning masters that size even though the files/scanning bed images are both 8.5x11

Any help or suggestion? My technician thinks it's electrical but I'm hoping it's some easy fix that I haven't thought of yet?

Hi!!, I have this partial printing problem. You were able to fix it sometime? I saw the 1102-1103 codes, and I tried but I don't quite get it. Just hnowing that this problem can be fixing in that way is a hope for me. If not I will have to find another way. Thank you!!