Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

RZ2 Legal Black Drum

Hey everyone,

I started having this issue with my black drum on the RZ220 where the machine/drum starts blinking the replace ink cartridge light way before the ink is even halfway through. For awhile it was printing so I was like whatever, but starting a couple days ago, the light goes solid and thinks the tube is empty, even when I put a fresh cartridge inside.

At that point, I would swap out the ink tube and put one of the half used ones in, and it would work for a little bit and then give me this problem again. I left the riso situation at the point where it thought a new cartridge was empty, but going in today to print, turning on the machine, it "magically" started working again (blinking red instead of solid red) for a little bit before it froze up again.

The swapping trick doesn't work anymore so does anyone have any idea what's going on with my drum? Is the RF reader fucked? I haven't opened up the drum yet so idk

Hope someone can help? Thanks in advance.

Technician

Re: RZ2 Legal Black Drum

update: i took one of the partially used black cartridges that "needed to be replaced" and put it in another black drum that is definitely 100% and when i put it, it automatically goes to "replace ink cartridge"

seems like the first black drum is converting the cartridges into "bad ones." i'm not sure what the problem or solution is but this is a start?

any advice?

thanks!
    Last edited by slimy; 02-03-2017 at 09:04 AM.

Re: RZ2 Legal Black Drum

Have you tried the standard RISO reset? If so and you're still getting the replace ink, then either the RF tag sensor in the drum has gone bad or possibly an ink flow problem. Ink flow as the pump, ink distributor or ink sensors are not functioning correctly.
    Good luck.