Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: GR(W) Drum Inking Issue, some blank spots are cleaning and new screen

UPDATE:

I have opened up the GR(w) drum and wanted to share two videos below. Does anything look problematic? I am not sure what the roller is called that sits between the doctor and squeegee roller, but the second video tries to get a view of it. Have no idea if it is how it should look or not. Also, the ink distributor appears to be distributing ink from what I can see after opening things up. Wondering if I should still clean squeegee unit/ ink distributor at this point or focus on the drum shell (inside and out) to try and remedy the blank spots?

1) The ink distributor view from inside the squeeqee unit section

2) the roller(?) that sits between the squeeqee roller and the doctor roller (sits just behind the squeegee roller in far back of video)

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Post Re: GR(W) Drum Inking Issue, some blank spots are cleaning and new screen

Successful deep clean!!! It was the drum shell: Super clogged with ink. Multiple rounds of towels soaked with mineral spirits on the outside of the drum shell AND inside, some toothbrush scrubs of the visible clog areas and a clean-up of the squeegee unit (excess ink) did the trick. Thanks for all the expert help and suggestions! Here is a video of the end result:

Re: GR(W) Drum Inking Issue, some blank spots are cleaning and new screen

Quote Originally Posted by filmplane View Post
    Successful deep clean!!! It was the drum shell: Super clogged with ink. Multiple rounds of towels soaked with mineral spirits on the outside of the drum shell AND inside, some toothbrush scrubs of the visible clog areas and a clean-up of the squeegee unit (excess ink) did the trick. Thanks for all the expert help and suggestions! Here is a video of the end result:

Looks great! And now I've really got hope for some of the gnarlier drums I've bought off ebay