Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

T11 error for GR3750

I received a T11 error and saw that the gear for the print pressure adjustment gear was sitting just below the pressure control motor gear so just spinning constantly until it times out and errors out.
    It is pictured here:

IMG_2232.jpg

At first I tried to adjust the standard pressure position via the pressure control sensor bracket as instructed in the tech manual. However, I could not get the gear teeth in to position with the pressure control motor gear.

I removed the pressure control motor and was able to get the gear teeth in sync again and tighten everything securely. However, I am unsure how this error even occurred? Did it go out of adjustment or slip somehow? Any input or advice is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by filmplane; 02-28-2017 at 05:45 PM. Reason: updated with more concise details about issue

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: T11 error for GR3750

Quote Originally Posted by filmplane View Post
    I received a T11 error and saw that the gear for the print pressure adjustment gear was sitting just below the pressure control motor gear so just spinning constantly until it times out and errors out.
    It is pictured here:

IMG_2232.jpg

At first I tried to adjust the standard pressure position via the pressure control sensor bracket as instructed in the tech manual. However, I could not get the gear teeth in to position with the pressure control motor gear.

I removed the pressure control motor and was able to get the gear teeth in sync again and tighten everything securely. However, I am unsure how this error even occurred? Did it go out of adjustment or slip somehow? Any input or advice is greatly appreciated.
    If that problem doesn't happen again, I wouldn't worry about it. There might have been a voltage surge or something that may have caused the machine to temporarily go "system blotto" (honest technical term that fellow students at my tech school came up with). It happens sometimes. You may want to reset that machine though.
    Otherwise, I'd think the sensor in the upper left area of the picture needs to be paid attention to, as I don't think that metal plate should ever be that far through it.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: T11 error for GR3750

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    If that problem doesn't happen again, I wouldn't worry about it. There might have been a voltage surge or something that may have caused the machine to temporarily go "system blotto" (honest technical term that fellow students at my tech school came up with). It happens sometimes. You may want to reset that machine though.
    Otherwise, I'd think the sensor in the upper left area of the picture needs to be paid attention to, as I don't think that metal plate should ever be that far through it.
    @Iowatech good eye on that sensor. It was definitely out of adjustment and now back to spec. Now that I think about the issue, I "introduced" a new GR(w) color drum to the machine after cleaning it up and it threw a bunch of errors, prior to this issue. Maybe this was the catalyst for the "system blotto". Probably my fault as I hurriedly put the actuator magnet for the drum clamp on BACKWARDS. Took me a while to untie that wet knot ...
    All is sorted out now on both accounts!

Grrriso

Re: T11 error for GR3750: Pressure Control Motor won't secure to machine plate

hey there! i got a quite similar problem: the GR3750 shows T11 error, the gears are in place, but the sensor is broken (contacts are completly off) - any good tips which way to repair it best? thanks!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: T11 error for GR3750: Pressure Control Motor won't secure to machine plate

Quote Originally Posted by Grrriso View Post
    hey there! i got a quite similar problem: the GR3750 shows T11 error, the gears are in place, but the sensor is broken (contacts are completly off) - any good tips which way to repair it best? thanks!
    Not sure what you can do if the sensor is broken other than trying to find a replacement part or a parts machine that has a donor sensor. Sorry I can't be more help on this one. Good Luck!