Risograph GR 2750 Check Paper Feed Area advisory message won't go off

Hi there,
    I have just bought a Riso GR 2750, it was working when I picked it up but I think in the upheaval something may have got knocked. It says Check Paper Feed Area as the advisory message but I can't see anything visible that's wrong with the paper feed area. What else should I be checking? Thank you!

Re: Risograph GR 2750 Check Paper Feed Area advisory message won't go off

You can clear error messages by holding down All Reset while turning on the machine.

Thank you - I tried that and it didn't work so I guess something actually is wrong : ( If anyone has any ideas of things I could look at to solve this - eg sensors? Though not sure where they are! I would be very grateful

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NZriso View Post
    Hi there,
    I have just bought a Riso GR 2750, it was working when I picked it up but I think in the upheaval something may have got knocked. It says Check Paper Feed Area as the advisory message but I can't see anything visible that's wrong with the paper feed area. What else should I be checking? Thank you!
    There is a metal safety bar / actuator below the paper feed area - under it there is a safety switch that if the bar is depressed - it will throw the "check paper feed area" message. That may have gotten busted or bent when you moved the machine. You can remove the safety bar and try to repair it to the correct position but if not, you can tape it up if the safety bar / actuator is damaged and the message will go away. I had to do this until I found a replacement bar.

Here is the direct download page for the Technical Manual for the GR3750:
    Search

Select GR as "Series" and Document Type "Manual" from the drop downs and the GR-RA Tech Manual is there in all its glory. Very helpful for troubleshooting issues and understanding various error codes and the machine in general.

Post an update on whether you solve this issue for other folks on the forum who may encounter this issue. Good Luck!

Thanks! I sort of pushed the safety bar downwards and it totally worked, Riso up and running again!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NZriso View Post
    Thanks! I sort of pushed the safety bar downwards and it totally worked, Riso up and running again!
    Wonderful! I am glad you got it sorted - that one broke my brain for a while so I am glad that helped.