Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

RP 3790 - Need help locating switch

Hello,

which switch is activated, besides the drum-safety switch, upon installing a drum in a RP 3790?
    I'm trying to locate this switch to check why my drums are not installed correctly.

The printer only recognizes a drum after a switch sound identical to and as loud as the sound of the scanner-table switch and it comes from the front side underneath the master making unit. (Check pictures)

I have had this problem before:
    RP 3790 - (D01-547) Safety Switch Problem
    and for a long time it disappeared after having positioned the drum-safety switch deeper into the machine (towards the back).

But now it came back suddenly without any change to the drum-safety switch - I've checked it's position and I can hear that (quieter) sound when pulling the right side of an installed drum slightly backwards. When I let go the drum-safety switch 'clicks' again.

So, what is this other switch that is so important to recognize and install a drum?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    RP 3790 - Need help locating switch

Re: RP 3790 - Need help locating switch

hi, check the page (9-12) in the CHAPTER 9. PRINT-DRUM SECTION, REMOVING THE PRINT-DRUM SAFETY-SW ASS’Y AND POSITION-B SENSOR ASS’Y

Maybe the switch is damaged, you can check it with the code 520 from the test panel.

note: i have the sw, for sale

Technician

Re: RP 3790 - Need help locating switch

Some weeks later now and the machine seems to work fine still.
    Let's hope it stays like that.

I took the print-drum safety switch out to open it and disassembled and cleaned the fragile parts inside the switch.
    The parts that make contact upon activation where black, but remained black after cleaning, because I couldn't get that off.

Reassembling this fragile puzzle was not a sinecure job, but since then all drums can be installed smoothly again.