Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

EZ 390 jamming under drum J08-409 code with 2 different dry drums

hello everyone,
    I had this problem about 10 months ago and by replacing the print cylinder seemed to correct issue. I got another print cylinder from another customer and it does the same thing. Drum seems to be dry after installing the second drum. The second drum did work in this machine earlier when I was troubleshooting the problem earlier. I timed the machine earlier when I had this prob. Rollers were replaced and hasnt had alot prints since replacing. Tried to ink drum(0887) with no results. Called Riso in the past with limited suggestions. I wiped the cylinder down with alcohol hoping that would help. Any suggestions???? Thanks...

Re: EZ 390 jamming under drum J08-409 code with 2 different dry drums

Update: dont know if this helps but after running machine in code 880 several times drum seems to be applying ink to drum but not full bleed but better, it now starts feeding but all prints are blank. Dont want to put new master on drum in fear of starting all over again....Ive fired the pressure solenoid in test mode, can hear it engage in back....

Ive recently discovered that the pressure solenoid was not firing completely or stuck so replaced it. Nevermind about the blank copies...geez

Still jamming under drum with J08-409.With more than 1 copy selected I get J04-410... Replaced paper tray paper sensor with no luck...It has 1.8 K on machine. Could the pressure roller need to be replaced???..I contacted RISO about this problem 8 months ago and said to ck timing. I went by the manual and think I timed it correctly.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

PS. I dont have dry drum issue anymore..
    Last edited by cbuspro; 03-24-2017 at 04:03 PM.

Easy fix, to begin with make sure the air unit is working properly no work out or broken parts, is the unit is fine replace the pressure lever cushion assembly, and problem gone

Thumbs up Re: EZ 390 jamming under drum J08-409 code with 2 different dry drums

Quote Originally Posted by LA TECH View Post
    Easy fix, to begin with make sure the air unit is working properly no work out or broken parts, is the unit is fine replace the pressure lever cushion assembly, and problem gone
    Thank you LA TECH...I will ck the Air unit and cushion assembly.

Installed the pressure lever cushion assembly(was severely worn out).... after cking separation fans in diagostics could not get to run...reinstalled fan assembly and now they run. didnt seem to be a pinched wire or anything. I dont know...machine is running now...Has jammed once in first 600 copies...Thanks LA TECH....I am curious approximately how does the pressure roller usually last???..... TIA for any replys
    Last edited by cbuspro; 04-03-2017 at 08:43 PM.