Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

RISO RP 3700 does nothing when turned on?

Hello,

I'm having an issue with my RISO RP 3700. But now when I power ON the machine it does absolutely nothing. No sounds, no panel messages, just nothing. The issue started when I moved my machine from basement location that was a little dusty to my new studio. Before the move, the machine worked flawlessly. The only activity I notice when I power the machine ON is a light near the parallel printer plug illuminates, (see photo). Through my own research I suspect the power supply unit is dead. But before I invest in the part I wanted to get some more input. Any thoughts, advice, experience with this issue is appreciated.

Thanks again,

Troy

IMG_3694.JPG

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: RISO RP 3700 does nothing when turned on?

If you haven't done so already, check the fuses on the power supply first. The connections from the power supply to the main board, too. From what you said so far it looks like 5VDC isn't getting to all the places it needs to, and those are two of the usual culprits for that.
    Thanks for the picture! If it wasn't for that I'd have wasted your time telling you to check where the power cord connects to the machine.

Technician

Thanks

Thanks for the reply Iowatech. I did my best to check all the fuses and connections when the issue initially happened, everything seemed fine but maybe worth a double check.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

If it is any help, here's the explanation of the fuses:

RP power supply.pdf

Sometimes the fuses open in ways that are hard to see, so it wouldn't hurt to check them for continuity. That's kind of a long shot as I never saw that on the RP line when they were new though.

It wouldn't hurt to check the connectors on the main board too, although I imagine you may have already done that.

Please if someone have drivers for V8000 win XP ...... Send me link igorbirokip@gmail.com
    Thanks

Technician

I had a similar issue that turned out to be a ground wire that over time disconnected from one end. If you are still having the issue and have tried all else start looking for little green wires that are only attached on one side.