Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

RP3700 Paper Feed Issues

The paper feeding mechanism on our RP3700 has stopped working properly (see video, link below) and I'm stumped. The paper is picked up by the rollers in the first paper feed section but it doesn't seem like the timing rollers are feeding the paper through properly. The info screen then gives a paper jam error. Every 10 times or so the paper feed system will work properly. Here's what I've tried:

-Cleaning the pressure, timing, pickup, and scraper rollers, and stripper pad.
    -Opening up the back and checking that the timing roller cam is properly aligned.
    -Lots of trial and error with the two green dials under the scraper rollers that adjust the stripper pad pressure/angle.

The problem persists regardless of what drum is being used. Any advice, insight, or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

https://youtu.be/GjshPTkl2rg

Question Re: RP3700 Paper Feed Issues

Quote Originally Posted by PurDuboisPress View Post
    The paper feeding mechanism on our RP3700 has stopped working properly (see video, link below) and I'm stumped. The paper is picked up by the rollers in the first paper feed section but it doesn't seem like the timing rollers are feeding the paper through properly. The info screen then gives a paper jam error. Every 10 times or so the paper feed system will work properly. Here's what I've tried:

-Cleaning the pressure, timing, pickup, and scraper rollers, and stripper pad.
    -Opening up the back and checking that the timing roller cam is properly aligned.
    -Lots of trial and error with the two green dials under the scraper rollers that adjust the stripper pad pressure/angle.

The problem persists regardless of what drum is being used. Any advice, insight, or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Did you fix this? I'm in the same boat and have tired everything I know but still exactly the same

Technician

Re: RP3700 Paper Feed Issues

Quote Originally Posted by dopplepress View Post
    Did you fix this? I'm in the same boat and have tired everything I know but still exactly the same
    Hello,

I can't see the video, but a long ago I had this kind of problem with one of my RP3700 and it turned to be the paper feed clutch

Hope it helps,