GR 3750 "install ink cartridge" error with every drum I put in

Super newbie BTW
    Just got machine home was hoping to get rolling tho I keep getting install ink cartridge on the display. Got the machine with four additional (to the black) color drums, all of which get the same message on the display.
    Any help would be grand and thanks.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

Re: GR 3750 "install ink cartridge" error with every drum I put in

My guess is the ink you are using isn't for a GR. Is it Generic brand? If it's Riso brand it will be stamped GR on every tube, box and case.
    Post a pic if you want

Quote Originally Posted by 20gaugeO/U View Post
    My guess is the ink you are using isn't for a GR. Is it Generic brand? If it's Riso brand it will be stamped GR on every tube, box and case.
    Post a pic if you want
    I checked they are all labeled Riso
    I was able one time to do the reset and the black drum to roll but the next time I turned it on got the same message.
    I have 5 drums in all and they give the same error so I'm assuming it has something to do with connection between drum and machine.
    There are two connects where the drum meets, I did deoxIT in them and the male counterpart of the drums but am still at the same point.

I take that back, the Black drum that sometimes does not give the error has GR on it large while all of the others have the below label.
    If the black always read that would be a relief. Super stoked to hear any ideas as it'll be a huge relief actually see prints off of this newly acquired sitting idle paper weight.
    If I can't get it dialed does anyone know a tech in Oregon?
    image1.JPG

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astranus View Post
    I take that back, the Black drum that sometimes does not give the error has GR on it large while all of the others have the below label.
    If the black always read that would be a relief. Super stoked to hear any ideas as it'll be a huge relief actually see prints off of this newly acquired sitting idle paper weight.
    If I can't get it dialed does anyone know a tech in Oregon?
    image1.JPG
    The ink might be too old and unable to pump into the drum, or the drum may be clogged from old ink. Is there a date code on the tubes of ink? No date code, then it is pre 2007 which is far too old. I think riso ink shelf life is 2 years, though I've used ink 3 - 4 years old and it's worked fine, though print quality gets worse the older the ink is.

Quote Originally Posted by gillje View Post
    The ink might be too old and unable to pump into the drum, or the drum may be clogged from old ink. Is there a date code on the tubes of ink? No date code, then it is pre 2007 which is far too old. I think riso ink shelf life is 2 years, though I've used ink 3 - 4 years old and it's worked fine, though print quality gets worse the older the ink is.
    Ordered up some new ink. I'll keep you posted on the outcome.
    Thanks all very much for the help!