Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Riso RP3105UI paper getting bent when printed

Hey there! First of all its my first post but I have found so much help from all past posts in this forum you can't believe how you have gotten me through many trials with my RP3105UI. So thank you all, if it wasn't for you guys and all your answers I would have given up a long time ago.

Now, for the problem. I seem to have a strange issue on my machine that I haven't been able to figure out using the technicians manual or searching through past posts.

When I print on statement sized cardstock (8.5" x 5.5") I get a bend in the paper about 5.5" from the feed edge. When I print the same master on letter sized paper (exact same paper stock) the fold is not present.

The bend is practically impossible to get out once it is in the paper and the more colors I print on each card, the worse the bend gets.

It is useful to note I never noticed this happening on the same stock before I replaced the three tires in the feed section and the stripper pad. I have messed around with dialing back the pressure and stripper pad angle to no avail so far.

Here is a link to a picture of the bend: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet The top sheet is a statement sized sheet and the bottom sheet without a bend is letter sized sheet from the same master.

Thank you so much for any help.

Re: Riso RP3105UI paper getting bent when printed

Bumping for any possible help! Thank you in advance!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

Re: Riso RP3105UI paper getting bent when printed

It looks like a 2nd paper feed area buckle crease. To much buckle going into the timing/guide rollers on to ridged paper and it's creasing the paper. Try it out of card stock mode or feed clutch is staying on to long or 2nd feed area isn't firing soon enough or something along that line