Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Fresh T3 Error / Clamp Jam -- GR3750

Hi everyone, hoping you may have some pointers on GR3750 timing and/or my brand new T3 error. Some backstory --

I just started experiencing an issue with my machine out of nowhere the other night during the master making. Something is going on that's causing a clamp error (regardless of what drum is installed) halfway through the master making process. Basically the clamp does its first flip, the old master is removed, and it appears that when the clamp goes to flip back into its starting position, the process is jamming in some way. The clamp motor starts to make its normal noise and then a second later jams -- sounds like a broken record, eventually halting with a T3 clamp error. When I take the drum out, the clamp is in its open position with no master on the drum; the fresh master still waiting to be loaded onto the drum.

I ran the test for the clamp plate open/close operation (104), and this works just fine independently. As soon as I try to produce a new master, however, the jam happens. As I said, this has happened on multiple drums I've tried swapping out.

I don't have much to base this on, but I think something may be off with the machine's timing. I have a tech manual, but can't seem to wrap my head around where to start or what to look for in terms of checking the timing. Any recommendations regarding fine tuning timing in general would be greatly appreciated.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks!
    Josh

Re: Fresh T3 Error / Clamp Jam -- GR3750

Hey Josh,

interesting jam. I’ve had many many issues with my RZ970 with master jam, but it was at the ejection, during the master-making process. So, I end up making various various tests around the print-drum in TM. (for information, I was also thinking about a problem of timing out, but as far as I know it’s just something almost invisible on the clamp causing the jam)

Anyway, you should start, in Test Mode, with the riso open and the cache clear to see whats’ happening (I don’t know how what you have to remove on the GR3750) doing a full cycle. I don’t have the technical manual for the GR3750, sorry, but I would be looking for a TM doing the whole clamp cycle? Because in home position A, if your clamp action is working fine, something is acting bad at the end of the compensation action when it receives the master I presume.

Sorry I don’t have experience on GR3750, but I would look around the clamp motor itself and the compensation action / position of the clamp.