Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Advice on lifetime of risograph machine nand advice on cost of second hand machine.

I am looking at replacing my current riso with a second hand EZ570e. it has already printed 1.6 million copies. I'd like some idea of how many more copies I could reasonably expect it to produce, and what would be a reasonable price on such a machine. The owner reports drum may need replacing soon and as will link in chain lift. Any help appreciated. Ian

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

Re: Advice on lifetime of risograph machine nand advice on cost of second hand machin

The EZ line is better than the RZ line in that Riso fixed the few bugs they had. All machines take parts so the bigger question would be has anything been done to the machine in the life of it? FT, sep pad, feed clutch replaced... have you seen the machine?

"The owner reports drum may need replacing soon and as will link in chain lift" - Usually the drums last the life of the machine if treated right but depending on what the issue is it may just need an impression roller that sits under the drum, unless they dropped it on the rail and dented the shell. As for link in chain lift (don't know what that may be)??? Somebody sit on the feed tray??? Luckily most parts are compatible with the older RZ line and newer EZ xx1 models so parts are plentiful new or used.

Technician

Re: Advice on lifetime of risograph machine nand advice on cost of second hand machin

Thanks for that. I haven't seen the machine but have asked for pics and video of the problems. They report no service for 5 years and I don't know what caused the problems. I wonder if the screen is going on the drum as it is described as "wearing at the edges". Good to know some RZ parts are compatible. Is it a case these machines will just keep going as long as parts are replaced?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

What model are you currently using and wish to replace?

The EZ line is solid but the machine could be anywhere up to 9 years old??? Yep probably needs some cleaning and TLC but more than likely has good life in it but just like buying a used car you never know tell you kick the tires.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by 20gaugeO/U View Post
    What model are you currently using and wish to replace?

The EZ line is solid but the machine could be anywhere up to 9 years old??? Yep probably needs some cleaning and TLC but more than likely has good life in it but just like buying a used car you never know tell you kick the tires.
    Thanks. I am currently using a GR 3750 which has serious problems beyond my fixing and there's no-one available in my area who could diagnose/service as it is so old. SHame really as it has been good runner.