Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    carta

Riso RN2100 Vista

Hi guys,
    Does anyone know if there is a solution to get a Riso RN2100 working on Windows Vista?
    There are only Windows XP drivers available but they do not work on Vista and I can not install them at all. I already tried the "compatibility mode" in vista without any success.

Thanks in advance for all guesses and hints.

greetz

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carta View Post
    Hi guys,
    Does anyone know if there is a solution to get a Riso RN2100 working on Windows Vista?
    There are only Windows XP drivers available but they do not work on Vista and I can not install them at all. I already tried the "compatibility mode" in vista without any success.

Thanks in advance for all guesses and hints.

greetz
    Unfortunately, Riso hasn't been real fast on bringing out drivers for the older interfaces. I'm guessing you're out of luck if it's not posted on the site.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I doubt that you will find the drivers - the RN2100 is an older unit that came out @ 2000 and is probably next to be obsoleted, which means RISO will no longer manufacture parts like Thermal Print Heads, Scanners, Boards and so on for them and will not write service contracts at their direct dealerships. RISO also will not usually update drivers for newer operating systems for older units.

Not the answer you were probably looking for, but there it is... Maybe someone at a corporate office has an 'unofficial' copy of Vista drivers for the RN series. Try RISO Europe Home - Riso Europe.
    Salesout Pro
    SalesoutPro@gmail.com