Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Seri Printer "SP100 II", what is it?

I got the opportunity to get a Seri Printer "SP100 II" for free. As we are doing well (as endusers) with our several Ricoh/Gestetner copyprinters, I would be interrested in this machine. If we do not take it, it will go to garbage dump as it seems.

So what is it exactly? I do not get it from the informations which can be found at seriprinter.com. In fact I could not find any information about this "SP100 II" with several search engines. Perhaps somebody of you has some informations, or even a user manual for me? It seems there is a usual Rico machine (VT 6000 or similar?) at the top, but the drums seem to be differently, ... is it just a "more colour system" or is it some 4c with special drums, ... ?

SP100-II.jpg

Technician

Re: Seri Printer "SP100 II", what is it?

It's very specialized. It uses special inks & special drums and works with the Ricoh JP8500 & HQ9000.
    i have never heard of that model, usually it's the sp25 not sp100 II. Here's the deal, if it's attached to a VT6000 then you don't want it because it's old as dirt. The key is to get the duplicator the seri printer is attached too because the seri printer is an accessory. Good Luck. A pic of the actual machine would be very helpful.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Seri Printer "SP100 II", what is it?

Well, i like our VT6000 I am doing well with it, and it still produces acceptable prints, especially if we are talking about simple newspapers and such stuff.
    I have no pic of the whole machine, and we also would not need it to share a manual
    Well anyways I managed the transport and will get the SeriPrinter at Friday night. Let's see what it does exactly. The recent sp25 model of the SeriPrinter is still a kind of miracle to me. It seems to do 3 things:

-) special Ink (in special drums?) that is UV-sensitive an thus can be dryed immediatly
    -) 4c option with that special ink (means 4 printjobs per sheet, one after the other)
    -) option for additional variable data printing on the fly, with a kind of pen plotter in 3 rows (for adresses or such)

But I may be wrong. Also I do not know what the SP100 II should do exactly. I doubt that it has that "variable data option". But I will find out this weekend and tell you Even if it is just a VT5000 or 6000 with 6 drums, it is worth taking it for just the shipping costs.