Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

RP3700 - dead screen

Help!

The screen on my Rp3700 seems to have died. It is vaguely illuminated (darker blue) - but not displaying anything. I can attempt to press buttons and it bleeps (and things happen!)

IMG_2924.JPG

I have a few dead machines available to pillage from. Can I just swap this part of the machine (ie the screen and attached pieces)?

Technician
    RP3700 - dead screen

Re: RP3700 - dead screen

Quote Originally Posted by benjaminography View Post
    Help!

The screen on my Rp3700 seems to have died. It is vaguely illuminated (darker blue) - but not displaying anything. I can attempt to press buttons and it bleeps (and things happen!)

IMG_2924.JPG

I have a few dead machines available to pillage from. Can I just swap this part of the machine (ie the screen and attached pieces)?

Id open the back to make sure there arent any loose cables going to your pcbs(dont have a technical manual in front of me) but it appears that the controller function is working for you, and the screen lights up without a video/data signal.

but if thats not the root issue, trying to replace would be fine as long as they are rp3700s too (unsure about rp3105). The the control and screen are self contained (replacing the whole panel) but will require peeling back the case in a few areas to pop it out. its not too bad.