Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ck11042014

Need help solving P12-300 error code on a Risograph KZ30

Hi,

I have a KZ30 Risograph Digital Duplicator and just this morning, I encountered an error (P12-300), i looked it up and it says "overload on the master removal motor." I use to work for a company that fix machines like this, well, this but in my 3 years until I left, I have never ever seen this kind of error before. The master disposal unit is lit, checked the wiring if there are any cut. Interchanged the two motors (we do this to check whether the motor is the problem, see if it will change code after doing it) but nothing seemed to work. Please help me.

I spent 4 hours trying to figure it out, i just ran out of options, I still have one but maybe you guys have a better solution here without having to replace parts? Thank you very much.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: Need help solving P12-300 error code on a Risograph KZ30

I was hoping someone who actually works on KZs would take a shot at this (the latest similar units I worked on were in the CZ line), but apparently not.

So as long as you understand I can't see that machine and what you did while working on it (and also that I have been out of the industry for a couple of years), I'll see if I can help now, though.

Have you tried resetting the machine? On all the Risos I ever worked on if you held the "Reset" key down while turning the machine on, and continue to hold the key down while the machine's motors were initializing, many error codes were reset. Resetting the machine is always the first thing I would do for almost any malfunction and every error code, especially if there had been any disruptions to the local power grid where the machine is located like nearby construction or storms.

Well, that's all I have for now. Good luck, and let us know how it goes, please.

ck11042014

I will try it and see if it will work. What really happened was I was printing a document, it ran as it should then suddenly, in the middle, it stopped. Now everytime I press reset button and start the drum just rotates a bit then the same error pops up again. I removed the rear cover and did the same reset / start sequence, I am not sure if it should be doing that but when I pressed start, the master removal motor did not move at all.

I don't work on the kz line either, but have you checked for proper movement of disposal gears? If you've pulled the motor I would guess you've checked for a jam in the belts. Did you try to run the motor while out of the unit via test mode? If the motor is not turning at all possibly a fuse has blown. I don't have the service manual for that model to know where to point you to, but check all you can find.

Good luck.