Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Question Riso GR 3750 Drum Problem?

Hello everyone,

I am have been called out to work on a GR 3750. Problem is that the black ink is running out the tail edge of the master making a mess inside the machine and putting it on the back of all the sheets going through the machine.

I checked the inks and personally know the owner, she orders it direct from IKON... the masters are factory from IKON as well.

I did try her other drums just to see if it was the machine. So far it has to be the black drum. Is there a way to test the screen to see if its bad? Or is there a possibility of the ink going bad?

The consistancy of the ink seems normal. The master looked fine, it just looked like way too much ink.

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Heavy D

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    How many copies on the black drum? The drum screens can fail after a lot of use and need to be replaced. Usually they weep at the trailing edge of the master or along the sides of the master. Check for a build up of ink around the inside of the screen, cleaning it might get you by for awhile. You might want to check the bead on the ink roll while you've got the screen off to clean it, making sure the overflow sensors are in the right spot and haven't been bent out of the way during prior servicing of the drum.

Also make sure you get all the associated seals and what not if you have to replace the screen. I've not successfully transferred any to new screens and I hate making multiple trips.
    Last edited by cobiray; 09-17-2008 at 09:20 PM. Reason: parts info

Lightbulb Clicks on Drum

The drum should be worn out. If she is right its got almost 900,000 on it. Now I bet the screens been replaced since then but thats what she told me. The black drum did most of the 1,000,000 on the machine.

I have not had the chance to replace the screens. I figured that must be it, I just wanted to make sure. Thanks for your help. I am glad to have found a sight with RISO help on it.