RISO EZ200 drivers for new Macbook?

Hi,
    I just change my pretty old RZ for a EZ200 with USB connection. I would like to know if there is any driver I can download for using it with my new macbook Pro, or I should find any older notebook? ( pc or mac?).

Thanks in advance!

J.

Re: RISO EZ200 drivers for new Macbook?

If you can, go with Windows. RISO don't like Mac very much. And you often have to buy the Mac drivers. And Windows drivers are available from RISO website.
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jermyth View Post
    If you can, go with Windows. RISO don't like Mac very much. And you often have to buy the Mac drivers. And Windows drivers are available from RISO website.
    Good luck.

Thank you very much! I tried an old windows but I should get a vista one! Thanks!

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabilin View Post
    Thank you very much! I tried an old windows but I should get a vista one! Thanks!
    If your budget allows, you might want to try something more modern than Vista. And here's why that could be the case:
    In the newer versions of Windows, Microsoft has been shutting down services from older versions that could be used by nefarious morons to cause harm. That means that newer machines may not be designed to work with older versions of Windows.
    I'm not saying that is the case, as I only know that's the reason that older printers don't work with newer versions of Windows. It is just something you should consider.

You should also check this wiki. I haven't tried it myself but will do it this weekend.

How to: Print on a Riso RP Directly from Mac OS X | stencil.wiki

I tried the guide and it works like a charm. There are some typos in it misreferring between MZ7 and MZ9 (but I am installing for an RP-machine, in the links in the guide there is also other drivers, just go and check them out) and also the OSX version they say work is 10.3.6 I tried on 10.13.6 and that worked (their screenshots looks more like 10.13 than 10.3 so it is clearly a typo). When printing make sure to check the mono option if you are not printing with a two color machine.
    Last edited by maggan; 10-10-2018 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Added that I only tried the stencils.wiki guide with a RP machine.