Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    cartamonir

Riso GR3770 with SC3000 producing small prints

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, but I've gotten a lot of technical help from this forum in the past! I have a riso GR3770 with a recently-installed interface card and a SC3000 connected to a dedicated laptop with a fresh install of Windows XP.

No matter what I seem to do, the riso only prints small, off-center images when I'm attempting to print via the SC3000 - that includes the test print from the SC3000 directly, without any computer interference.

I've tried several different drivers, both for the SC3000 and the SC3500, in both Japanese and English, with no luck.

I currently have the IF card switched over to 300/400 dpi since I know that the SC3000 has a max output of 400x400 dpi (yes, I know this is an inefficient use of the GR3770 which can print up to 600x600, but I had to use the equipment that was available to me).

Does anyone have either experience or suggestions for me? I can provide much more detailed breakdowns of what happens when I choose whatever setting, but the consistent factor is that every image prints about 50% too small, and seriously left of center when I do it via the RIP.

Thank you,
    Carta

Re: Riso GR3770 with SC3000 producing small prints

Did you ever get better results with the sc3000? I have an FR3950a that has the sc3000 built in but the image quality has been terrible when using it. Not sure if it’s because I’m using it with a virtual version of xp or if that’s just the way it is ha.