Risograph GR 3770 Check paper feed

Hi, I just bought a used GR3770. I saw it tested before buying. I think during the move something may have been damaged or moved. In any case, when I turn it on the message check paper feed area (vérifier l'alimentation du papier) comes on the screen, even when I place paper on the feed. The paper plateform doesn't lift, I'm stuck. I wonder if someone could tell me if it might be the paper monitor. Are they usually lit? Can someone help me?

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: Risograph GR 3770 Check paper feed

Quote Originally Posted by mueller View Post
    Hi, I just bought a used GR3770. I saw it tested before buying. I think during the move something may have been damaged or moved. In any case, when I turn it on the message check paper feed area (vérifier l'alimentation du papier) comes on the screen, even when I place paper on the feed. The paper plateform doesn't lift, I'm stuck. I wonder if someone could tell me if it might be the paper monitor. Are they usually lit? Can someone help me?
    Check beneath the paper feed tray, there should be a plate that swings up and down freely - that is the lower safety switch activator. If the plate got bent and isn't swinging freely, the machine will show a "Check paper feed area" on the display and probably "C60" in the print quantity display. If the plate doesn't swing freely, you will have to reform it until it does.
    If you ever have to move the machine again, there are handles under all four corners of the machine that you need to use to lift it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    Check beneath the paper feed tray, there should be a plate that swings up and down freely - that is the lower safety switch activator. If the plate got bent and isn't swinging freely, the machine will show a "Check paper feed area" on the display and probably "C60" in the print quantity display. If the plate doesn't swing freely, you will have to reform it until it does.
    If you ever have to move the machine again, there are handles under all four corners of the machine that you need to use to lift it.
    Thank's a lot it worked !! you save me

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    Same problem here
    Was working before moving to other premises.

The safety plate seems to be moving freely
    However it still states on the screen CHECK PAPER FEED AREA.

please help us solve this problem, no service available in our area.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

There's also a safety switch on the cover above the feed tires. The dark plastic piece that is labeled Card Paper with the lever cut out. Across the bottom of it is a silver metal actuator that runs the length of the plastic. It should go up and down and be able to hear a click when changing state

Quote Originally Posted by Vindruk View Post
    Same problem here
    Was working before moving to other premises.

The safety plate seems to be moving freely
    However it still states on the screen CHECK PAPER FEED AREA.

please help us solve this problem, no service available in our area.

Same Problem over here.

I had a timing issue that was causing paper to jam, and mis-register images. I adjusted the timing according to the GR technical manual and the registration problem looks solve (on the master), but now I keep getting a "T6 Call service" or "Paper misfeed Check paper Area".

Both safety plates are moving freely, and the paper feed elevator is fine. Stripper plate seems fine, and the pressure roller barrings seem ok.

I'll continue to watch this thread and look forward to any advice.

Quote Originally Posted by 20gaugeO/U View Post
    There's also a safety switch on the cover above the feed tires. The dark plastic piece that is labeled Card Paper with the lever cut out. Across the bottom of it is a silver metal actuator that runs the length of the plastic. It should go up and down and be able to hear a click when changing state

If both plates are moving freely, and I hear the click, but am still getting at "Paper misfeed" and "t6 call service" error -- What should I check next?

I am looking at the paper feed clutch in the manual, but wanted to check before pulling that part.

And advice would be very appreciated.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

I believe a T6 is Pressure Detect Sensor Malfunction (not totally sure cause books are long gone, only have cheat sheet). Take the back cover off the machine and then turn the power on. In the lower middle part of the machine a motor with start spinning and it should drive a gear and screw up and down. If it doesn't go up and down for a couple seconds, the screw is probably stripped out causing the T6 error.
    There were 2 types of screw/gear combos back in the day. The original threaded screw was narrower than a pencil (and black) and would strip out after a million or so. The new mod style was about the thickness of a sharpie and silver in color(?). Either way parts are very had to come by so good luck