Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: GR3750 Transfer belts stop at speed 3+

Quote Originally Posted by avidgamr View Post
    I guess I don't have the parts manual. I was looking at the "Technical Training Manual"... Do you happen to have a link?

Would this cause my problem to random? I've noticed sometimes it will run in faster speeds with no problem. Randomly works fine or the transfer belts stop and cause a massive train wreck inside the machine. Weird problem...
    On a related note, I'll bring my camera to work Monday and try to get a video of the "train wreck" in progress; perhaps that would help in diagnosis?
    I think the gear jermyth is talking about is in the clutchpack that is found in the back of the machine (if looking at the back of the machine with the cover off, it is on the lower left hand side behind the rear power supply). There is a long skinny toothed belt that drives that assembly. I think that unit exists because there was a collator that could be added when the machine was new.
    I used to carry that clutchpack as car stock, and if possible you should replace the entire thing if the gear I'm describing is the problem.
    And here's the standard warning if you do remove the back cover of that machine: there are many sharp edges and really strong springs back there that will harm you if you don't pay attention. So please be careful.
    And the reason the problem is random at the moment is due to a reason that can be a mystery to us, too. Sometimes the one way unit loses traction with the gear it is installed in, but not entirely. Sometimes the shaft the one way is on wears to the point it can't always get a good grip, but still does. Or the one way mechanics could be full of gunk. Or something else. It's actually mostly impossible to give you the reason for that without actually seeing the machine. Then it's easy.
    Last edited by Iowatech; 04-13-2018 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Additional info about random problems being random

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

Re: GR3750 Transfer belts stop at speed 3+

Ya what Iowa said. Been a long time since messing with one of these but clean the clutch faces as well with alcohol. Even if you are unsuccessful the machine is still kicking out at 60 or 80 ppm in speeds 1 and 2.