Senior Tech 100+ Posts

RISO 390 display 4 ( master section) and check setting light not doing anything.

Good morning,

I have been working on a Riso 390 that is displaying 4 ( the master section) and check setting light. I check the master section there is no jam, replace master. I check the manual and it says to check and remove any jams. But I took everything down and cannot find any jams. Need some help please.

Mdm

Re: RISO 390 display 4 ( master section) and check setting light not doing anything.

First is there a code on the display? Without a code I'm guessing and just tossing out ideas.

It's possible that a piece of master maybe stuck blocking a sensor. Try pushing a piece of paper thru the unit. Or check sensors with test mode.
    Have you tried the reset procedure?(power off, hold reset,power on)

If there is no jam code, it's possible the RF reader for the master roll may be at fault.

Please post if you have a code and I might be of better help.

Good luck.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

Re: RISO 390 display 4 ( master section) and check setting light not doing anything.

Press the * key and you should get a code rather than just the #4 LED. Machine off, hold yellow reset, keep reset held down while machine fully boots up - can fix little hiccups